Why do my 01-01-2020 transactions not appear in my banking records?

I am trying to reconcile and my 01-10-2020 thru 06/301/2020 and those transactions do not appear in my Quicken banking records. Where ae they and how do I retrieve them?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @sharongo,

You will need to give us some additional information for us to assist you. 

As a starting point, you reference "banking records" on 01/01/2020 and that date is a national holiday, so the banks are closed. Therefore there are no "bank records for that day.

Give us more information on what the problems/issues are and we'll try to help.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Are you new to Quicken? Did you just recently set up your accounts in Q ... and download into them.
    Because, in general, the banks/cards/brokerages only allow Q do download the last 3 months of transactions ... and that would explain you only getting transaction thru 6/30 (approx 3 months ago).
    If this is the case, you might try logging into each Financial Institution's website and see if that FI will allow you to download older transaction yourself.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • My banking transactions are 06-2019 thru 12-2019 skips 01-2020 thru 05-2020 and picks up again with 06-2020 thru 09-2020. Online balance is correct, Today's balance is not. How do I retrieve the missing months from my bank?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Did you do regular downloads during the period 12/19 thru 6/20?  If you didn't, my prior comment is still applicable.
    Also, at the top of the account register, what are the "filter" settings.  If they don't appear as shown in my graphic, click the RESET button to remove the filters.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP