Citibank credit cards - deleting transaction history and only loading last 90 days

When I do an update for Citibank credit cards (I have 2), I get "new" transactions for the last 90 days to accept even though I updated two days ago. My transactions were up to date as of then. Before I accepted the new transactions, I looked at my transaction history and it showed only an opening balance from exactly 90 days ago....all of the transaction history was deleted. This is before I even accepted the "new" transactions. Just downloading the updates caused the transaction history to disappear. There is no error message!

I then did a file validation and repair and it said that payments made to those credit card accounts were now flagged as going to "non existent" accounts. I checked Citibank and both accounts show as active and are correct on Citibank's web site.

Fortunately, Quicken maintains a backup file so I can restore yesterday's files.

Answers

  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have not done so, I would suggest running a file validate on the restored file. You want to be certain there is no additional data corruption present in the file before the download issue.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • ghstudio
    ghstudio Member ✭✭
    I deleted and reinstalled Quicken, restored a backup from two days ago and ran a full update. It worked correctly. I'll update again tomorrow and see if it works correctly again.
  • ghstudio
    ghstudio Member ✭✭
    This is still an issue...when I do an online update, all citicard transactions for the last 90 days are found as new entries which would give me duplicates. If I load the backup that I made from yesterday, now an update all just updates current transactions. If I do nothing...the following day....just update all....I get the past 90 days again. The only solution is to reload the latest backup file each day.
  • Hello @ghstudio

    Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. With it sounds like when you download transactions the Downloaded ID's don't stay consistent. If you haven't already one thing I would attempt to try is to deactivate/reactivate the accounts.

    First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

    Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

    https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

    Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

    https://www.quicken.com/support/reactivating-deactivated-account

    Once you're able to give this a chance let us know how it goes. 

    Thanks,

    Quicken Francisco


Sign In or Register to comment.