Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Credit Score Internal Server Error

:o For several weeks now, I'm unable to see my updated credit score. I have tried signing off and signing in again as a different user. I also don't use VPN on the laptop I use for my Quicken. I have Quicken Premier for Windows. My credit is not frozen and I can access scores through my credit card companies. I prefer to access it through my Quicken as this is the reason I have a quicken account....a single place for all my finances.

When I try to update my credit score, I'm redirected to reenter my social security number (again). After doing so, I receive a message there is an internal server message with the page requested or the server is not responding. I'm getting uncomfortable with retyping in my social so many times.

I access my QUicken on the weekend and do not have time during the week to call the help desk. Work and Life are my priorities during the week. I use the weekend for finances and chores. I see in the forums that this is a common problem but I don't see any solutions. What is the solution?

Answers

• Hello @tcremer

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are still experiencing this issue, I would start with uninstalling using the QcleanUI utility and then reinstalling the Quicken application.

https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

Please let me know if you are able to access the credit score after completing this step.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • tcremer
    tcremer Member
    I've uninstalled, used cleanup, reinstalled 3x and now I can't even open Quicken. I'm worse than before. Again your support is only open M-F so it looks like I'll need to take a vacation day just to use my quicken again. More frustrated than before.
  • tcremer
    tcremer Member
    Error message is unable to initialize Quicken Run time components. Restart Windows and try again. If problem persists, contact support. UGH.
  • tcremer
    tcremer Member
    After reviewing the community, I found the fix may be in downloading a Mondo patch so I'm trying that. Not sure why this has to be so hard just to get access to my credit score again.
  • tcremer
    tcremer Member
    So after all of that trouble I'm still unable to access my credit score via Quicken. UNCLE
  • Hello @tcremer

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I have a couple of things we can attempt to try here to see if we're able to get it brought up. First thing I'd like to see is if we sign out and sign back in.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

Once you're signed in across the top could you go to reports > credit score > credit report summary. See if you're able to open the credit report from here. If you're unable to could you take a screenshot so that we're able to see the error along with you. Once you get a chance let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• tcremer
    tcremer Member
    edited November 2020
    That didn’t work and I’m no longer interested in investing more time to the solution. I will either continue without this feature important to me or consider another product that better meets my needs. I give up. [removed-rant]
  • ddelanoy
    ddelanoy Member
    I've been getting exactly the same results. I am running Quicken Premier version R29.22 build 27.1.29.22. Please let me know when/if a fix is available for this problem.
  • sustrw
    sustrw Windows Beta Beta
    I am having the same issue.  Credit Score show no data.  I am using Quicken Premier 2020, R30.9 build 278.1.30.9.  Can this be repaired?
  • tcremer
    tcremer Member
    I’ve given up on this ever being fixed. It’s clearly a known issue which hasn’t been fixed in several updates.
  • JohnC
    JohnC Member ✭✭
    the last time Quicken indicated there was an update available to the credit score it popped up an empty Equifax window (12/29/20). credit score 0, #accounts 0, etc. Prior to that the credit score updated properly since they started it.

I'm using the latest version of Premier on a Win10 computer. I've talked to phone support, did the chat online, and filed a error report from within Quicken. I contacted Equifax by phone, as suggested by support. Equifax number is only for problems with the data in the credit report not Quicken opening the read only report.

I've run onto a couple suggestions that I sign out and back in to clear the cloud information but that didn't change anything. No one has been able to answer the question how the information call to Equifax is accomplished or how to reset it.

The only other thing that happens when I click on the "View" for the credit score it puts a folder on the desktop called "GPUCache" which has 5 files in it, data_0 (8kb), data_1 (8kb), data_2 (264kb), data_3 (8 kb) and index (257kb)

I appreciate any insight or suggestions or do I just wait to see if it ever comes back.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @JohnC

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

The "GPUCache" is a known issue that has been reported,  however, seems to be separate from the Credit Score issue.

I did not see this step listed, so I would next recommend creating a test file, and see if you get the same response when attempting to update the credit score.

To do this, Please go to File > New Quicken File... This will confirm or rule out the issue being isolated to the file.

Please let us know what you find.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • JohnC
    JohnC Member ✭✭
    I created a test file and it did ask for SS# but pulled up the same blank score window. It updated one data file in the GPUCache folder on the desktop.

I don't use the mobile app and have no plans to.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @JohnC

Thank you for trying the test file and posting back with the updated information.

I took the liberty of reviewing your recent contacts with Support, the submitted Report a Problem information and your internal profile information with us and  I apologize if I missed it, but do you happen to use a VPN at all?

If not, would you mind sharing what antivirus/security software you are using?  Please also, temporarily 'pause' your antivirus/security software and attempt to load the credit score view once more.

Are there any changes in behavior?  Or does it still display a blank screen after entering the SSN?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • JohnC
    JohnC Member ✭✭
    I do not use a VPN.

The only antivirus software is the Windows security.

It does not display a blank screen, it displays the Equifax window with no data in the report. The test file asked for a SS number only once and brought back the same blank Equifax window the active file shows.

The GPUCache folder placed on the desktop can not be deleted with Quicken open. If I delete the folder Quicken recreates it when I click the credit score button. If I leave the folder on the desktop, Quicken updates only the data_1 file in the GPUCache folder.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited January 22
    Hello @JohnC

Thank you for the response and the additional details. It seems we have attempted all the usual steps to correct this issue.

One last step that I have seen to correct the issue is to change the email associated with the Quicken ID. This can be done from the Quicken account page at Quicken.com. I have included a link to the in-depth steps below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-update-your-quicken-id-profile-information-email-address-phone-number-or-password

Please ensure a Quicken ID does not already exist for the new email. Once this has been completed, you will need to sign out and sign back into the desktop application.

Should you move forward with this step, please let us know the results!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • JohnC
    JohnC Member ✭✭
    edited January 23
    I changed the Quicken ID and followed your instructions. It made no difference except in Quicken preference window it shows the new ID but the old email address. Does anyone know how the request to Equifax is done and how it determines the 3 month interval between updates. We seem to be wandering around in the cloud. Should I go back to the old ID?

Another difference is I'm now getting Quicken announcements at both email addresses.

I've attached the preference window.
  • JohnC
    JohnC Member ✭✭
    After all the steps I switched back to my original ID and ran the file validate repair and came back with the following repeated several times in the error log.

Quicken found an invalid transaction and removed it. "ACCT_113a3" 0/ 0/1900
    Quicken repaired some transaction information. No action required.
    "ACCT_113a3" 0/ 0/1900
  • JohnC
    JohnC Member ✭✭
    Credit Score still bringing up zero information but I have seen a couple more details.

I am no longer getting the "GPUCache" folder on the desktop after deleting an older "GPUCache" folder in the Quicken data location. It had not been updated in a while. I neglected to note the dates. I deleted it and the folder on the desktop. Quicken then created another folder in the Quicken data location when I clicked on the credit score button again. (C:>users>NPGMF>documents>Quicken>GPUCache)

I've always let quicken use whatever location it wanted too. Quicken always leaves a bunch of junk behind. There were empty folders and some times files that hadn't been used for years.

that's one problem with all the suggestions to create copies or test files to check things is they leave a lot of files in the data location that are of no use. It's always been dangerous to delete suspected garbage files in Windows.

Does Quicken actually create a gripe complaint for users who file one? It appears like if the Community hasn't figured out a work around you have to just live with it.

It appears no one else has this problem.
  • RobG_VT
    RobG_VT Member
    Hi JohnC,

I have the exact same problem! I have used Quicken since the early days, and switched to the subscription based service a couple of years ago. I don't remember exactly when the Credit Score stopped working for me, but it has been a while (more than a year). I've never really had time to dig into it until today; that's when I ran across your post.

I did run a Validate and Repair on my data file and fixed up a few nagging problems with some transactions. I tried again after that, and I still get the following:
    Credit Score Jan-30-2021
    Next Update Apr-30-2021
    Your Credit Score is 0.

This doesn't help in the diagnosis, but at least you know you are not the only one experiencing the problem!
  • tcremer
    tcremer Member
    Others have noted the same issue and the same fix was shared with them which didn’t work for them. Someday perhaps another company will provide the quicken service that will include a working credit score. It’s a shame that quicken can advertise this service with a known problem. I will just get it from my bank...defeating the reason of having a one stop get all money matters in one place.
  • Bob_R
    Bob_R Member
    I'm having the same issue. Luckily, my investment company can get it for me without problem.
  • Cyclist
    Cyclist Member ✭✭
    Same here. This has worked flawlessly for many years until this week. When I went to perform the quarterly update, it came back with a credit score of 0 with absolutely no information (no "Credit Card Usage", no "Payment History", no "Total Accounts", etc.) and indicates that Next Update will be 06/23/21. I don't see a way to unregister and re-register for this feature. What's up???
  • Cyclist
    Cyclist Member ✭✭
    Same thing, and apologize for leaving a post pertaining to this problem elsewhere. I've been a Quicken user since the mid-1990's, and have used the Credit Score feature since it was first released (not sure when that was, but many years ago). I haven't gone through the process of creating a test data file, but don't really see the point, as JohnC tried this to no avail. Unfortunately, my experience since Quicken's leaving the Intuit "fold" has been pretty negative. Development efforts seem concentrated mostly on adding additional download partners, at the neglect of fixing longstanding "bugs" and adding any really new and useful features. Prior to using Quicken, I was an Andrew Tobias MYM (Managing Your Money) user, which, at the time, was much better than Quicken and very responsive to enhancement requests and quite innovative. As Quicken gained market share, MYM could no longer survive and closed shop. Quicken did (to their credit) make a way to import the MYM data files into the then current version, allowing a migration path for former MYM users. I keep hoping someone will do the same with a replacement for Quicken - it's been a great product in the past, but has lacked any truly innovative feature releases for many years now, as well as their inability/unwillingness to correct longstanding issues.
  • JohnC
    JohnC Member ✭✭
    My credit score did update with the end of March date. The score only updates once a quarter. The free credit scores are actually not worth much now since just about everyone gives them away from credit card to banks.

It was just really irritating that something so easy to do wasn't fixed and they were clueless as to the cause.