Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Loan Account

Hi,

I have several accounts set up with my bank - they all are Direct Connect, and work fine. I recently added a loan, and want to add it also. It "sort of" works ... I can add it, but it connects as Express Web Connect - why not Direct Connect? And because it's EWC, I keep getting a warning ... so I have disabled it for now (and have to get a text message every time I want to update?!?!).

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The only choice for connect loan accounts is Express Web Connect because of the way they implemented it.  Direct Connect require the financial institution to provide the data direct from their OFX/QFX server using the OFX protocol.  Instead of trying to get the financial institutions to support this they worked out getting the information they needed with Express Web Connect which instead talks to the financial institution's website using an "agreed upon" method.

Personally I won't enable loan accounts for downloading.  Just too much trouble and too restrictive, like the fact that you can't access the register, and you can't make any kind of corrections if something goes wrong. 
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • rkmorrisrkmorris Member
    Thanks for the info - appreciate it! And I could even live with the EWC, except for the constant warnings, and the need to get a text message every time to update. Really?!?!