Home Before you Buy

Converting from Mac to Windows

g.cerqueirag.cerqueira Member
edited September 29 in Before you Buy
Hi, my Quicken for Mac subscription is about to renew in one month. I would like to renew it for Windows instead. Is this possible? Can I seamlessly covert the Mac Quicken data file into Windows Quicken data file?

Comments

• Disregard the awkward prints-creen(s)
  • Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod
    edited September 29

Hello @g.cerqueira

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. When it comes to the Quicken subscription both Mac and Windows are included within the subscription. You're free to use whichever product you'd like at the time. As it goes for converting the article down below will give us instructions on how to convert from Mac to Windows as well.

https://www.quicken.com/support/converting-your-data-quicken-mac

It'll be under the header Windows conversion > Convert from Quicken for Mac to Quicken for Windows

With this you should be able to convert over to Windows before and try it out before you renew as well. If you do have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and the Subscription gives you both Windows and Mac programs.  But you can't use the same data file you need to convert it.
  • J_MikeJ_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for clarification, your subscription gives you access to both QWin and QMac. You simply choose which version to download and install. You can, in fact, download and install both Win and Mac versions. I run both QWin and QMac on my iMac.

The conversion from Mac to Win only partially works;
    Non-investment accounts do convert satisfactorily.
    Investment accounts Do Not Convert.
    At this time, there is no known work-around for converting investment accounts.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

This discussion has been closed.