Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken Biller "San Marcos, TX Utilities" fails to Authorize

Quicken Deluxe 2020
Ver: R29.12
Build: 27.1.29.12

Quicken biller, "San Marcos, TX Utilities", fails to authorize after numerous attempts. Please advise.

Comments

• RCHRCH Member
    edited September 2020
    [removed - duplicate/off-topic]
  • thorn5thorn5 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Can someone from Quicken please reach out to this biller (San Marcos, TX Utilities) to advise them that no one can authorize through Quicken's online biller interface? I think they have recently upgraded/changed their website.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @thorn5

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing the online biller profile, and the message being returned by San Marcos Utilities is the password is incorrect.

Are you able to successfully sign onto the San Marcos Utilities website? Have you tried changing the password? 

Please let me know!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • thorn5thorn5 Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka,
    Thanks for getting back to me. I can indeed sign onto the San Marcos Utilities website, and I changed my password just now and tried again. Attached is the error message I received...

Note: I think they have done a major update to their website. Maybe that's the problem.
  • thorn5thorn5 Member ✭✭
    I sign into their website with a User ID, which is different than my email address. Quicken is asking for an email instead of a user ID when I sign into the biller.
  • thorn5thorn5 Member ✭✭
    This is where I login to their website...
    https://connect.sanmarcostx.gov/
    Hello @thorn5

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I have gone ahead and reported this issue, please allow 24-48 hours before attempting to update once more.

Please let me know if you see any changes in the error message or if the issue persists.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • thorn5thorn5 Member ✭✭
    Authorization failed once again. See attached. Note: Quicken is asking for email instead of user name.
    Hello @thorn5

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that you continue to experience this trouble.

I have received an update from our service provider. We are currently experiencing issues syncing San Marcos's utility accounts at this time. I'm afraid that we don't have an ETA on a resolution for this, but I can assure you that this is currently a priority for our development team.

I apologize for not having better news or a solution to offer at this time. In meantime, I would consider alternative methods outside of QBM for paying this biller. 

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • thorn5thorn5 Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka,
    Can you please provide a solution update? Thank you.
    Hello @thorn5

Thank you for the bump, although I apologize that this trouble continues to persist.

I have checked the health of the San Marcos Biller, and the biller is listed as "Degraded."

This means that the biller is experiencing issues globally. There is no ETA on when this be resolved, however, this is has been reported to our Service Providers.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • thorn5thorn5 Member ✭✭
    Do I need to contact San Marcos Utilities myself?
    Hello @thorn5

Thank you for the response, the issue has been reported and is being worked on by our service providers.

The company may possibly have insight as to why there are issues syncing. However, I am not quite sure who you would need to speak to at a utility company that would have awareness of Quicken or connectivity issues. 

At this point, as this has been ongoing for several months with still no ETA, I would consider tracking this bill manually and explore other options of paying this bill such as auto-pay if using Bill Manager.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • thorn5thorn5 Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka. Any updates?