Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

DL and install new bill pay files without clearing 'Downloaded Transactions'

I need to update my Quicken and install the new files/procedures/routines to be used for bill payment activities.
I was ill this summer and fell behind on Downloading Transactions and processing Bill and Income Reminders. I have several hundred transactions and reminders which I've not processed.
Do I need to do bring this up to date before doing the switch to the new procedures, or should I move to the new bill management files and then work through the reminders?
I'm just not sure which to do first.

Thank you,
Peggy

I'm running Microsoft 365.

Best Answer

Answers

• Peggy103
    Peggy103 Member ✭✭
    Hi Julio, thanks for taking the time to help me with my problem.

Unfortunately, my paperwork has also been neglected. I paid my bills using Q for reference, going online to see my latest statements and then paying online. So my paper records are basically unopened bills. I was hoping you'd say setting up Bill Manager :blush:
    Although I guess I have been regularly downloading and installing any updates without giving it much thought. It's just when I came upon this major change that I had second thoughts.
    And I did have a loss of data recently which I was lucky enough to be able to fix by running a recent backup. Obviously I had all those unapplied entries then. Perhaps that was caused by running a one-step backup. duh
    It will take me a week probably to get my paperwork caught up and make sure I'm not missing or duplicating anything and making it worse.
    But I want to do it the best way.
    I'll wait to hear from you, and meanwhile start working on my paperwork.

Thank you for answering,
    Peggy
    running Quicken R27.1.29.12