Can I still use Write Checks for online payments?

Am I forced to use Bills & Income now? Why is Online Payment still an option? It doesn't do anything. I reconciled my credit card and got a payment window with several options, including Online Payment and QuickPay/Checkpay.

Thanks.

Quicken for Windows Premier 2020 R29.12 Build 27.1.29.12
Windows 10 Home v1909 build 18363.1082

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    We may still use Write Checks for online payments.
    We're not forced to use Bill & Income now. 
    Online Payment is still an option because online payments are still supported by over 500 financial institutions providing online bill payment services using the Direct Connect connection method.
  • Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    I bank with Capital One. In my case is Write Checks not an option?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is your checking account enabled for Online Bill Pay?
    If so, the little check box in the "Write Checks" dialog panel defaults to "Use Online Bill Pay". See the image you posted earlier, look in the upper right hand corner. If you need to print a paper check with Quicken, just click to remove the checkmark and print your paper check as usual.
  • Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > Is your checking account enabled for Online Bill Pay?
    > If so, the little check box in the "Write Checks" dialog panel defaults to "Use Online Bill Pay". See the image you posted earlier, look in the upper right hand corner. If you need to print a paper check with Quicken, just click to remove the checkmark and print your paper check as usual.

Capital One doesn't support it. They use Express Web Connect+.
This discussion has been closed.