Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Memorized payee category and split details are consistently incorrect.

Memorized payee category and split details are consistently incorrect. Is this on an upcoming bug correction schedule? What is the work around?

Best Answer

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The memorized payee list is maintained by the user. If you are having issues with naming (Renaming Rules) or incorrect categories presented, you need to review and delete/edit the Memorized Payees from the Tools menu.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • Rad
    Rad Member
    I have corrected the memorized payee transactions and the splits multiple times....they keep reverting, eliminating the split I have corrected and only showing one category for the entire amount? This is very frustrating and waste of time to reenter repeating monthly split transactions manually into identical splits and amounts each time they need to be entered.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    After you have corrected the MPL entry for this payee, have you enabled the "Lock and leave this payee unchanged ..." option for this entry?
    Have you also deleted any duplicate MPL entries for the same payee name?
    This will prevent the entry from being updated by a newly downloaded transaction.
    BTW, are you Syncing to the cloud?
    If yes, after you fix the MPL entry, Reset Sync to create and upload a new file to the cloud.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Rad said:
    I have corrected the memorized payee transactions and the splits multiple times....they keep reverting, eliminating the split I have corrected and only showing one category for the entire amount? This is very frustrating and waste of time to reenter repeating monthly split transactions manually into identical splits and amounts each time they need to be entered.
    Turn off Quicken cloud sync after you fix it and it will be fine until Quicken fixes the Quicken cloud issue.
  • Rad
    Rad Member
    Thanks for advise…any indication when Quicken Cloud bug is going to be corrected….?
  • frazld
    frazld Member ✭✭
    Look at renmaing rules in preferences, DT Trans, renaming rules.could be dups, or older non used rules.
  • John In OR
    John In OR Member ✭✭
    I think that I am having the same problem, but I don't think I am using Quicken Cloud. I have a memorized payee with a category split with the lock box checked. I have not manually entered a transaction in the register, so I'm not expecting a match. I update manually by selecting update now. I get a new transaction in the register with the exact name I have in the memorized payee list, but the category is not the split from the payee list, I think it is just Quicken's guess at a category. I don't have any renaming rule that matches the transaction.

Anyone know how I can get quicken to use the memorized payee with it's category split?
  • Rad
    Rad Member
    I fix the memorized payee category splits on my desktop and I assume problem is solved. I use my mobile phone to record other transactions on the quicken cloud and when I update and sync my desktop to the cloud it blows away the updated payee category splits that I previously fixed. Very FRUSTRATING!!!!
  • Rad
    Rad Member
    If I turn off Quicken cloud sync after I fix the category splits, what good is the mobile app? How do I use the mobile app to record transactions without periodically syncing?
  • BobPollock
    BobPollock Member ✭✭
    2 days ago I activated/joined Quicken mobile web so that I might be able to use my phone app to enter transactions during an upcoming trip.

And doing THAT totally messed up my memorized payees. Earlier today I discovered that all of my (approximately 200) memorized payees, most with split transactions, had been changed to unsplit simple "payments", defaulting to the first category of the stored split transaction; the "last used" dates had been changed to yesterday for all but 4 of them, and those 4 were changed to last week. This was done to memorized payees that had not been used for months, even years. Then, after another update/sync, when I looked at memorized payees, only 4 were there vs. the usual 200 or so. WTF.

After searching this forum today, suspicious that activation of mobile web had bitten my behind, I restored backups until I found one (fortunately only 2 days old) in which memorized payees was intact.

I turned off mobile web before any kind of sync/update. Even after a fresh online update, memorized payees stayed normal, notwithstanding having to re-enter 2 days worth of receipts, etc.

Clearly mobile web issues were involved with clusterbombing my memorized payees. I'm still unhappy about this.
  • BobPollock
    BobPollock Member ✭✭
    > @Rad said:
    > If I turn off Quicken cloud sync after I fix the category splits, what good is the mobile app? How do I use the mobile app to record transactions without periodically syncing?

(My main comment follows this reply.)
    I recommend that you turn off mobile web cloud sync before you fix category splits in memorized payees because, to me, it appears that sync to the web is what bumfuzzles your memorized payees. So kill the sync, then make your repairs. If you're lucky and this problem is recent, consider reverting to an older functional backup. Best wishes.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm now on Windows version R31.5 and still having the same problem. When will this be fixed?
This discussion has been closed.