Quick Pay

When I make a quick pay payment on the 15th of the month is it paid on the 15th and deducted from my Bank Of America account on the 15th of the month. I have been paying my bills via Bank Of America for years on Quicken and not one was a bill paid late or lost. The information is real sketchy on how this new paying service works.

I could set up a bill on the old system for the 15th and it would arrive on the 15th and deducted on the 15th.

It should be clear to any user of Quicken 1- when does payment arrive and 2- when is it deducted from the Bank.

I don't want any surprises or late payment notices.

Thanks for any help in this matter.

Comments

• Robert Ralyea
    Robert Ralyea Member ✭✭✭
    Forgot the attachment which makes no sense to me
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Robert Ralyea,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your questions.

Quick Pay payments are made within 24 hours as shown and stated below in the Quick Pay payment screen.

However, after the payment is made, it can take up to 1-3 business days for the bank to process the payment and take the funds out of the bank account that was used to make the payment.

I'd also like to add this useful Tutorial Video with more in-depth instructions and information for your reference.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Robert Ralyea
    Robert Ralyea Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your response. I guess I will loose my float with Bank Of America but that wont be a problem if I send the payment for 3 days in advance.

The attachment I sent doesn't make any sense to me me where it says the biller requires a date earlier than 10/22/2020 for a payment on 11/16/2020.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Thank you for your response. I guess I will loose my float with Bank Of America but that wont be a problem if I send the payment for 3 days in advance.

The attachment I sent doesn't make any sense to me me where it says the biller requires a date earlier than 10/22/2020 for a payment on 11/16/2020.
    Quick Pay uses the online payment service of the online biller.  Some online payment services will only allow us to have one payment scheduled at a time.  As you appear to have a bill payment scheduled for 10/15/20, I suspect the 10/22/202 date may be referring to the pending payment.  I suggest you use a browser to sign in to the online biller's web site to confirm.
  • Robert Ralyea
    Robert Ralyea Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Sherlock, I was about to ask that question about who the payment service is and who we contact if the biller doesn't receive the payment.
This discussion has been closed.