Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

what are all these $0 transactions with names like 5PM0IUPY3GM in my quicken downloads

I keep getting these transactions. While they don't effect anything, they are annoying and get in the way. How can I eliminate them?

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    If they are in a Discover Card account, it is caused because the transaction had two lines in the statement and Discover erroneously sends it as a second transaction with $0.
    I just delete them after they have been accepted.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • mwalz501
    mwalz501 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your response.
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    @splasher Agreed, I sometimes get banking transactions with a zero amount which need to be deleted, this is not the fault of Quicken.  There are two parties involved in a transaction, so it is not always easy to tell who is at fault when there is an error.

Additionally, you should review all downloaded transactions from your FI before accepting them, as they may need to be revised for accuracy, they may have issues regarding what they sent to Quicken, that are not under the control of the software.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • jrruss
    jrruss Member
    I also have the reported issue and it hasn't always been this way. I can't put my finger on when it started but I seem to recall that it began after a Quicken program update. For me, it is a major nuisance because I may have more than a dozen $0 amount transaction line items after performing a one step update and am forced to delete each of these entries one-at-a-time... major PITA and time consuming. Any additional comments or suggestions that would help reduce the effort to remove these $0 entries???
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jrruss said:
    I also have the reported issue and it hasn't always been this way. I can't put my finger on when it started but I seem to recall that it began after a Quicken program update. For me, it is a major nuisance because I may have more than a dozen $0 amount transaction line items after performing a one step update and am forced to delete each of these entries one-at-a-time... major PITA and time consuming. Any additional comments or suggestions that would help reduce the effort to remove these $0 entries???

Did you know that you can select multiple transactions in a Quicken for Windows account register, the same way you can select multiple files in Windows File Explorer?
    • Use CTRL+click repeatedly to select individual transactions 
    • or SHIFT+click on the first and last transaction of a contiguous block of transactions to select multiple transactions in a banking account register (does not work in an investment transaction list),
    • then right-click one of the highlighted transactions and select Delete transaction.