Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Bank of America ol-297-A

For the last 4 - 5 days Bank of America is getting an OL-297-A during OSU. I immediately run an update on Bof A and it works. It seems to be a problem only during OSU. I have run a validate/super validate to no avail.
Quicken HB&RP version 29.17 build 29.1.29.16
Windows 10 PRO 2004 19041.508

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Greg Brown,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error OL-297.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    As I stated the issue only occurs during OSU. When I update it separately, works fine. This appears to be an OSU issue, not a Bank or general connectivity issue...
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited October 2020
    Thank you for your response.

I understand that it's only happening during OSU and not when updating separately. However, the troubleshooting steps provided in the support article may still be able to trigger the error from OSU and resolve it.

I hope this clarifies my reason for providing the article and I apologize for any misunderstanding.
    -Quicken Anja
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    I verified all of the settings in the article and they are all the same...
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    [removed-rant/disruptive/violation of community guidelines]
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    [removed-unhelpful]

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    It appears that this almost always occurs upon the first connection attempt after launching Quicken. It doesn't seem to matter whether it is OSU or a direct update. After the first attempt I can run OSU or Direct update of Bank of America and it usually works, 95% of the time.
  • It appears Quicken is using an incorrect network address for Bank of America accounts (Bank of America - All Other States in my case). I have found there is a DNS problem with some Bank of America URLs - for example, www.bankofamerica.com works from my broadband ISP, but www.bofa.com does not. If Quicken is using one of the affected DNS aliases, this is how the problem would manifest.
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    It appears Quicken is using an incorrect network address for Bank of America accounts (Bank of America - All Other States in my case). I have found there is a DNS problem with some Bank of America URLs - for example, www.bankofamerica.com works from my broadband ISP, but www.bofa.com does not. If Quicken is using one of the affected DNS aliases, this is how the problem would manifest.
    Thanks Tim,
    I'm not sure why this would cause the issue to sometimes happen and sometimes not.
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    This is the data from connlog.txt if anybody can decode the error. I continue to see ol-297-a from Bank of America. This is not constant but it is frequent...

==== Mini-OSU Start (20201019/05:41:56) ====
    20201019 05:41:57: QFN: Beginning send to https://eftx.bankofamerica.com/eftxweb/access.ofx
    20201019 05:41:57: ***QFN kQFFinished: returns 67186407
    20201019 05:41:57: The server name or address could not be resolved.  Please make sure your Internet connection is working.  Your web browser or e-mail program can be used to verify your connection.
    20201019 05:41:57: QFN: End send to https://eftx.bankofamerica.com/eftxweb/access.ofx, netstatus 36
    20201019 05:41:58: 

==== Mini-OSU End (20201019/05:42:09) ====