I have an online biller that isn't enabled for quickpay

I receive the bill online from Oildale Mutual Water Company but I cannot quickpay. IS there some way to continue to receive the bill, but pay with Check Pay?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    To pay the Online Bill with Check Pay, link the Online Bill to a reminder that draws from an account you authorized for Check Pay and choose Check Pay when you pay the bill.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-bill-manager-how-make-payments-using-quick-pay-and-check-pay
  • jawf
    jawf Member
    I tried what you suggested Sherlock, but I don't see the option to check pay. It still shows quickpay?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jawf said:
    I tried what you suggested Sherlock, but I don't see the option to check pay. It still shows quickpay?
    What options do you have when you click on the action pull-down menu of the Online Bill?
  • jawf
    jawf Member
    unlink from Oildale Mutual Water Company, refresh bill, and go to biller website.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jawf said:
    unlink from Oildale Mutual Water Company, refresh bill, and go to biller website.
    I suspect you have not linked the online bill to a reminder.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    jawf said:
    Since the Online Bill gives the unlink option, I'd suggest going to the linked reminder and verifying that the check box (lower right side) to allow paying with Check Pay is checked.  This assumes that you are using a payment account that has been set up for Check Pay.
    Also, you may need to use either the reminder itself or the register to initiate the Check Pay.  When it's set up correctly you should get the following options when entering the reminder.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • jawf
    jawf Member
    jrich75, I looked at the online bill settings and the pay with checkpay IS selected, but I don't get the options you indicate.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    jawf said:
    jrich75, I looked at the online bill settings and the pay with checkpay IS selected, but I don't get the options you indicate.
    Can you try from the Tools, Manage Bill & Income Reminder list?  If you enter the utility reminder from this list you should see the Check Pay option (Quick Pay may not be there if it's not authorized).  You can also try from the payment account register, in the empty line at bottom of the register, check#, Pay (Quick Pay/Check Pay), and your utility should be there with a Check Pay option. 
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
This discussion has been closed.