Missing account transfers after vaidation Q2013

OK, new problem. I have multiple entries (pay stubs) that have split category detail. One of the category splits is a transfer to another account, eg. [Savings]. For no particular reason, I ran a File validation today, and it triggered a couple of warnings. One said "Account Category duplication", which wasn't helpful as it didn't say which Category, and I went through them all and there are no duplicate names that I can see (would Quicken even allow you to create a new category with a duplicate name?) The other error it flagged was the transfers between the accounts that were contained in the split category entries. In the account that received the transfer ([Savings]), the originating Category was blank. I went back to the originating entry, and the Category split was accurate and just as it had been created, with "[Savings]" in one of the splits with the correct amount. Whats going on here?
In an attempt to fix it, I manually filled in the originating account [Checking] in all the entries in Savings where it was missing, and all THAT did was create duplicate, reconciled transfers from the original account, throwing off my balance my thousands of dollars! Help! I never had this issue in Q2011, starting to wonder why I "upgraded"...

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @grantj

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

Please include more details on what was occurring that caused you to run the file validation.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • grantj
    grantj Member ✭✭
    Thanks Tyka. My Post included the words "Q3013", so I thought the version was obvious, I guess not. Windows 10 desktop PC, Quicken 2013 Deluxe, latest version, downloaded from the Quicken community website that another user pointed me a link for. I used Q2011 fro 10 years before that without issue, but it was suggested I update to Q2013 because that was the last available version that didn't require registration or subscription.
    As stated in original post, I ran file validation for "no particular reason" - I have ran this in the past on several Quicken files, just to confirm there were no errors that I was not aware of. Somehow this time, it created errors in the split category transfers as I described.