Quick Pay when biller requests challenge questions

My first bill paid under the new bill management that quicken now uses fail twice for incomplete information. I have been using quicken for years with Bank Of America paying this same credit card without any issues. It appears to me the challenge questions are not be processed. Bank Of America used EFT to make payments in a batch mode to the billers. Apparently Question doesn’t do that which is archaic into days bill payments. I have a Fidelity VISA credit card issued from Elan Financial and processed by Cardmember services. From reading the community posts it appears that Quicken remembers these challenge question when you go and edit the password for the biller. Unfortunately some of these billers have up to 6 challenge question and only require 3 questions at each time. Next time they may have a different set of challenge questions. Try this math, 6 challenge questions and any possible combination makes this biller useless.

Any help from Quicken or the community would be welcome .Luckily I was able to use a payment service that completes the payment in two hours

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Robert Ralyea

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing the online biller profile for Bank of America and I show that the biller is successfully syncing and do not see any errors.

I was unable to locate any failed payments, I show a successful payment to Bank of America.

I also do not see a biller listed for Elan and I show that the Cardmember Services is successfully syncing.

I am not fully understanding which bill or what problem you are encountering, I apologize.

Can you please clarify which biller/payment problem you are encountering as well as any errors you have received to help me better understand and isolate the issue?

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Robert Ralyea
    Robert Ralyea Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you Tyka for your response. The Biller is Cardmember services which I had 6 challenge questions setup. Today I removed the challenges questions temporarily and requested a payment of $1.00 this morning and it processed and paid by 3pm this afternoon. Now for the crazy thing that is happening is if I log into the biller web site I am asked challenge questions some of I do not know the answer to and never will. If I go to the Quicken manage billers and select change password I will get a different set up challenge questions. I will contact the bank because when I try to change and overwrite the challenge questions new ones are added but the previous ones are not overwritten. This is a Fidelity Investment VISA card under Elan Financial and payment processed thru Cardmember services.
This discussion has been closed.