Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

How do I unmark a loan marked as 'Paid Off'?

Due to recent download issues seemingly related to the latest update, a loan account I have had data erroneously downloaded/processed that showed a balance of $0.00 with a date of 9/17/2034. I was finally able to unwind the download debacle, but this loan now shows a 'This loan is paid off' message when I open its register. It will not show any of the transactions associated with it, although it now actually shows the correctly owed balance and date. How do I get Quicken to realize this loan is NOT paid off and to restore the transaction history register?
Quicken 2020; Version R29.20; Build 27.1.29.20

Best Answer

Answers

• FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12
    Hi @Dechief5,

When you originally setup the loan did you use the "online loan" option (which does not have a register), or was it setup as a manual loan with a register?

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Like" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Dechief5Dechief5 Member ✭✭
    @Frankx - Hey Franx - it was setup as a manual loan with a register. WIth the download issue alluded to, it connected and downloaded for the very first time over this past weekend - albeit with the unexpected invalid data. Previously, I had been unable to connect - at all - with my FI for this particular loan (although other accounts there connected fine).
    BTW - that "article" is somewhat dated, however it should translate because there haven't been a lot of changes to loan screens. BUT the references to the three "images" are wrong as follows:
    reference to "first image" - should be "third image"
    reference to "second image" - should be "first image"
    reference to "third image" - should be "second image"

Let me know if anything else doesn't seem to match up with the screens you are seeing.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Like" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Dechief5Dechief5 Member ✭✭
    @Frankx - Hey again, Frankx... Well, this worked, but it was a tad painful. Not all transactions copied over and I had to do some investigating and additional copy pasting, but it now seems to be where I need it to be. I sure hope this doesn't happen again! Thanks for the help!!
    edited October 12
    @Dechief5,

Happy to help!  Yes, I knew this wasn't the easiest task, but I also knew you were up to the challenge!

On the chance it could happen again - I know you'll keep good/frequent backups.

Take care,
    Frankx

This discussion has been closed.