Home Before you Buy

Using Quicken on Mac and Windows simultaneously

SystemSystem Member ✭✭✭✭
This discussion was created from comments split from: Editing Checkpay Address.

Comments

• tsextontsexton Member
    Hello all. I’m sorry to post here in a thread having nothing to do with my question but I honestly can’t find how to post a new topic. I don’t have Quicken yet...I have a PC, my business partner has a Mac. Is there a multi-platform account offered by Quicken for the business plan?

Cheers,
    Trapper
  • Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod
    edited October 20

Hello @tsexton

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. Quicken has no way of being used simultaneously between both the Windows and Mac product. In order to use it between each platform one person would need to do their changes and then convert it over to the mac so the other person could continue using it. Depending who has it the other person will not be able to use it so it may not suit your needs well. Another thing is the Mac does not have the features for business that Windows does meaning they'll only be available to you in this case.

We do have another product that's more cloud based that may work better for you and your partner depending on your needs. It's called Simplifi which is primarily mobile and web based making it so that it's usable from multiple devices. It also has a 30 day trial if you're looking to try it out and see if it's something that you would like to use.  I'll leave a link down below for you if you'd like to check it out.

https://www.simplifimoney.com/ppc

If you do have any other questions please let us know!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• splashersplasher SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭
    tsexton said:
    Hello all. I’m sorry to post here in a thread having nothing to do with my question but I honestly can’t find how to post a new topic. I don’t have Quicken yet...I have a PC, my business partner has a Mac. Is there a multi-platform account offered by Quicken for the business plan?

Cheers,
    Trapper

Your partner could run a Windows emulator on their Mac and run Quicken that way.  It would require transferring the data file between the two installations making sure that changes are only made to one computer without moving the file.  In other words, you have to keep track with where the "official" data file is.
    Another choice is to use remote access software and use the Mac to access and run a single copy of Quicken on the Windows computer.
    What was not stated earlier is that the data files for QW and QM are not compatible and the conversion only goes one way, Win to Mac, reliably.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14
    [removed-solicitation] Quicken is mainly geared for personal finance.