Is it possible to see previous Quicken Bill Pay activity scheduled "in the cloud"?

Recently I found it necessary to restore my data file from a previously stored version. That version predated some of the bill pay activity I thought I had transacted. In the previous Metevante system Quicken Bill Pay used, those future transactions were stored in their servers and would be downloaded to Quicken in such a circumstance. I did not see any future scheduled transactions in my checking account when I restored my data file on this new Bill Pay system.

I'm worried that if I reschedule them again, they will be "double paid" -- but I don't know how to see them if they are already scheduled.

Can someone help me here??

Paul

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Paul Smith2

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review the online biller profile and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken Diana
    Quicken Diana Moderator, Employee mod

[email protected]Paul Smith2 

Thank you for posting in the Community today, though I’m sorry that you are not able to locate and verify those future dated scheduled payments.

Are the payments in question Quick Pay or Check Pay payments?

It may be possible that the settings on the account register are not the same in the restored data file. In the register view, click on the clock icon at the upper left REMINDERS TO SHOW IN REGISTER. Be sure the you have selected to show the reminders for the qualifying amount of time that would allow them to show in the register.

Thank you

Quicken Diana

• Paul Smith2
    Paul Smith2 Member ✭✭
    The payments were in check pay

The clock icon was asking for payments to show for the next 30 days, and that time period would cover when I think the transactions were scheduled for.

Good suggestion about the clock -- unfortunately it's not that simple. The checking account was moved recently to the "more secure" communication environment mentioned in your news. When that happened, this checking account was changed from "verified" to "not enabled" in the account status for check pay. I'm wondering if that prevents the account from downloading the future scheduled transactions?

Paul
  • Paul Smith2
    Paul Smith2 Member ✭✭
    The answer seems to be "that's not the problem". The account was re-verified for check pay today. OSU did not download any previously scheduled transactions. Now I'm worried that the payment I scheduled through check pay on 10/16 didn't really clear through Quicken. I can see that there is nothing pending at the bank..
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Paul Smith2

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review the online biller profile and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Paul Smith2
    Paul Smith2 Member ✭✭
    So I guess the answer is, "the pending future payments are not visible in quicken if the data file doesn't already contain them". That's not good... If I schedule future payments directly with my bank, they certainly are.

Moreover I have also found that my verified billers drop off of being verified for Online bills for no reason I can find. This manifests itself with the Quicken screen.. "Bills & Income & Transfers/Online bills" Column "Current Bill" displaying "Awaiting next bill" entry well past the due date of the bill. Upon investigation, I find that I have to re-enter the biller using the same credentials I previously used.

From a practical standpoint, this means that I can't rely on the Online bills screen to be accurate. That is my primary motivation for using the Quicken Bill Pay service.... Please fix...
This discussion has been closed.