Home Before you Buy

Upgrading from 2007 on El Capitan to 2020 on Catalina

I use Quicken for mostly manual entries for all my accounts and then to run reports. I have just bought a new MacBookPro with OS Catalina. I used Time Machine to move over my content so my 2007 Quicken data is already on new computer.

I have read some threads here about what to do. However, a bit confused hence asking here before I move forward.

Should I download and subscribe from Quicken the Starter on my Catalina OS?
1. Will that program allow me to do manual entries?
2. Wondering what is involved to input the data from 2007 into the new version as it is sitting on a Catalina OS.

Thank you.

Best Answer

• GaleGale Member
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you very much. I was actually to get tech support today with a lovely man named Marco who talked me through it. So grateful that this done.

Answers

• Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod
    edited October 20

Hello @gale

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue.  When it comes to working with quicken on Catalina 2007 will not run anymore because Apple does not support 32 bit applications anymore. Your best option would be to purchase and download the newest version of Quicken which is what I believe you were looking to do here. The conversion process is fairly simple as you'll just need to choose your file to be converted when opening quicken for the first time. I'll leave you a guide on how to do so down below. You'll want to find the section with convert from Quicken 2007 for Mac

https://www.quicken.com/support/converting-your-data-quicken-mac

As it goes for your questions yes you'll still be able to input manual entries or if you'd like to try downloading transactions as well is an option. It's all based on whichever option you'd like to try. 

I believe almost all things get transferred over into the new version with the only exception being I'm not certain about bill reminders but any transactions and accounts you've had set up in 2007 will come over. 

If you do have any other questions please let us know!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• GaleGale Member
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you very much. I was actually to get tech support today with a lovely man named Marco who talked me through it. So grateful that this done.
  • @Gale

Thank you for the update! I'm glad to hear that support was able to guide you through the process of updating. If you do have any other questions about using the new program please let us know!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco