Bill & Income Reminders always opens full screen

Whenever Bill & Income Reminder is opened, it opens full screen. It can be resized but doesn't remember the last size. This issue has been reported in multiple threads but all are closed by the  moderators. It has persisted for months and at least 6 updates. I spent an hour on the phone (again) with support doing a clean uninstall and reinstall with no change. I and others have had no success with support and have reported in from Quickens many times. I'm quite sure one of the causes is using 4K monitors.

Please reopen discussion and excalate so it will get more attention until it's fixed.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Ray

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you continue to experience this trouble.

The most recent development ticket available for this issue, QWIN-18214 has this issue listed as fixed at end of September.

May I ask that you navigate to Help > Report a Problem and include "QWIN-18214" in the subject and please include a sanitized data file if you are comfortable.

This report will not receive a response but will help contribute to the investigation of this issue.

You mention that this issue seems to be related to using a 4K monitor, as the Idea thread here mentions. This is not fully supported at this time. There is no ETA available.

As you have been experiencing this issue for quite some time-- it is most likely that it will be quite a bit more time before this is addressed, as there has been no official information or details on supporting 4K monitors.

I apologize for not having better news.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    I had this same issue for a long time, and reported it as well... but the window is opening properly now with the last size that I dragged it to.

I'm using Quicken Deluxe 2020 Version 29.20 Build 27.1.29.20 and this bug is gone for me. Could you post the version info the Help > About displays for you to verify that you are up-to-date?
    Quicken Windows and Mac subscription.  Quicken user since 1990.

• Ray
    Ray Member ✭✭✭
    I have Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property 2020 - Version R29.22, Build 27.1.29.22. Support had me do a clean install then download it from my Quicken Account. (https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken)

When I open Bill and Income Reminder it opens full screen. If I open the Account list, it does the same.

If I resize the Bill window, minimize it (click the -), then reopen it, it returns to the resized dimensions. But if I close it (click x), then reopen it, it's again full size. So it remembers the window size until it's closed. Seems like a simple problem to fix.

Windows Compatibility mode suggests trying to run as Windows 8 but it made no difference. Neither do options for high DPI as I use 4K monitors.

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Ray

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you continue to experience this trouble.

The most recent development ticket available for this issue, QWIN-18214 has this issue listed as fixed at end of September.

May I ask that you navigate to Help > Report a Problem and include "QWIN-18214" in the subject and please include a sanitized data file if you are comfortable.

This report will not receive a response but will help contribute to the investigation of this issue.

You mention that this issue seems to be related to using a 4K monitor, as the Idea thread here mentions. This is not fully supported at this time. There is no ETA available.

As you have been experiencing this issue for quite some time-- it is most likely that it will be quite a bit more time before this is addressed, as there has been no official information or details on supporting 4K monitors.

I apologize for not having better news.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Ray
    Ray Member ✭✭✭
    As you suggested, I went to Help > Report a Problem, I submitted the problem with the title, "Bill & Income Reminder opens full screen QWIN-18214" and text "See "Bill & Income Reminders always opens full screen" at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20124938#Comment_20124938 for details" and attached a sanitized data file. This should be an easy fix as it's repeatable and other windows open properly.

You mentioned that 4K isn't fully supported. Support is long overdue. I have probably 50 apps on my PC and Quicken is among the very few that incorrectly renders. Text is blurry. I can run with Compatibility changed to high DPI settings to get sharp text but the search box isn't tall enough to see what I type. There should be a 64-bit version too. When Quicken was part of Intuit, solutions were made quicker.