Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken does not update daily investment closing prices for ETFs.

coffeepotgrounds
coffeepotgrounds Member
I have been unable to update pricing for ETF investment since the end of September. Other investments update with no issues.

Best Answer

Answers

• wpott1991
    wpott1991 Member
    The last automatic download of stock prices to my portfolio was Sept. 30. Since then I can’t get anything to update. Pushing the update button moves up the displayed time of update, but doesn’t download a new price to my stocks.
    What’s wrong?
    And how can I fix it?
  • wpott1991
    wpott1991 Member
    In another complication, only my stocks were affected.
    My one mutual fund updated as usual.
  • Dwight105
    Dwight105 Member ✭✭
    For the past week I've been unable to get Quicken 2020 for the Mac (5.18.2) to update stock prices. I've called tech support twice (I have case numbers if they'd be helpful), we've explored all kinds of possibilities, nothing works. The most recent rep insisted this is a known issue and I should simply wait for a fix. If it is a known issue I'd expect to find all sorts of posts on the web. Crickets.

Anybody else having this problem?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited November 2020
    Hello all,

This issue is still ongoing and has no ETA available at this time.

Thank you for your patience.

-Quicken Tyka

ISS-8019550
    ~~~***~~~
  • mhorney
    mhorney Member
    Since about the first October, my version of Quicken is not updating mutual fund prices for all funds. I saw there was a issue with this back in September, but appeared resolved.
  • pjw7
    pjw7 Member ✭✭
    My investment prices don't update when I open QMac. Or they are not quite uptodate (5 days old)?
  • MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Works fine for me in QMac Premier 2020 v 5.18.2

Check Quicken > Preferences... > Connected Services [tab]

Is the box checked for "Automatically update investment quotes every 60 minutes"?

From some brief testing, it appears that this box needs to be checked to download quotes at launch. The test prompt for this box should day "at launch and then every 60 minutes" if that's really the case.
    Quicken Windows and Mac subscription.  Quicken user since 1990.

• pjw7
    pjw7 Member ✭✭
    I don't have that box in "connected Services", but I have seen it somewhere, and it is checked.
  • pjw7
    pjw7 Member ✭✭
    Same for me.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    edited November 2020
    Hello @pjw7

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

What you have described is an ongoing issue. I have moved your post to the ongoing thread.

There is no ETA, however, I will update this post as soon a more information becomes available.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • dmacgolf70
    dmacgolf70 Member ✭✭
    Is there a reason why ETF's and preferred stocks prices are not updating since 9/29/2020
  • MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Version of Q Mac that you're using? I'm on 2020 Version 5.18.2 and all ETFs show today's closing price correctly.

HOWEVER, the one preferred stock that I have is NOT showing the proper closing price. Wells Fargo Series N with symbol WFC.N or WFC/PRN depending on where you get the quote, is clearly not being updated.

dmacgolf70: could you list a couple of the preferreds that are wrong for you? Your and my example ticker symbols might help the Quicken staff to track down the bug.
    Quicken Windows and Mac subscription.  Quicken user since 1990.

• dmacgolf70
    dmacgolf70 Member ✭✭
    Version 5.18.0, 5.18.1, and 5.18.2 (September)
    IJJ,FTA,GLD,XLF fulllist in image
  • sblagoj
    sblagoj Member ✭✭
    Happens in the Schwab IRA account... half of the stocks update their daily prices, half do not and show N/A in dailly $ and % changes.
  • Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Hello @sblagoj  
    Thank you for posting about your concern. 
    Just so I have it straight in my head - from within one Schwab IRA account, half the stocks update, and half do not? Is that correct? 
    What version of Quicken are you using, and what Mac OS are you on?
    Do you get any error messages at all? If so, exactly what does the error message say?
    With the brief information provided, I don't yet have enough to point you to an ultimate solution. Please provide more details. As well, you ware welcome to contact support directly for one-on-one help. 
  • Hello @dmacgolf70

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. With how long its been since the last time you were able to update your prices I believe it would be best to contact Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly.  I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• dmacgolf70
    dmacgolf70 Member ✭✭
    I may have found a bug in the last update. Om my MacBook I have version 5.18.2 build 518.35919.100 macOS 10.15.7 on my macMini I have 5.17.5 build 517.34953.100 macOS 10.15.7 on version 5.18 ETF's and Preferred stocks do not up date but if I go to each ETF and "rebuild" the correct quote is updated. ON MacMini quotes do update? How do I email this information to the Quicken staff to fix this issue?
  • dmacgolf70
    dmacgolf70 Member ✭✭
    More information when I restore a backup from MacBook to MacMini on the latest up date ETF' & preferred stocks do not update
  • sblagoj
    sblagoj Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Hi Hugh,
    To be precise, two individual stocks don't show daily changes, while the other three are ETFs and they update properly. All from within the same Schwab IRA account. This is recent development, from about a week ago. Quicken version is the latest, 5.18.2 and Mac OS as well the latest, Catalina, 10.15.7. No error messages whatsoever. Screenshot attached. Thanks.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    edited November 2020
    ONGOING: 11/05/20- ISS-8019550

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • pjw7
    pjw7 Member ✭✭
    My stock prices stopped down loading at the end of September, and it looks like I'll have to enter October prices manually. Help!
  • pjw7
    pjw7 Member ✭✭
    MAC OS10.15.7 Version 5.18.2 (Build 518.35919.100) Prices still not updating, but I can rebuild each etf or stock individually. No downloads of overall stock prices for over a month.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    ONGOING: 11/16/20- ISS-8019550

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~