Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Payments entered as "auto"

Bills scheduled to be entered "automatically" are not being entered but rather just showing up in the bill pay manager screen. I may have changed some setting, so I would appreciate knowing what the settings need to be so that my scheduled payments are automatically entered in the register. They are already noted as "Auto", but they aren't being automatically entered.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bills need to be linked to reminders in order to post to the transaction register. The bill by itself is informational, the reminder is what actually triggers the register entry. You should have a reminder for each bill, income or transfer. Having complete and accurate reminders sets Quicken to run nearly on autopilot, where you are confirming entries and not creating them.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • Jan G
    Jan G Member ✭✭
    I don't understand your response. On the Bill and Income Reminders screen I see the following:
    Due: date due
    Pay To/Receive From: name
    Amount: $the amount
    Action: Auto
    However, the payment is NOT being automatically entered.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using online bills? Can you provide a screenshot this screen?
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • Jan G
    Jan G Member ✭✭
    I am not using online bills. This particular entry is for an automatic deposit made monthly. The same issue arises for regularly occurring bill payments.,
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your screenshot helps id where you are referring to. First I'd check the register settings under the gear icon.

If that does not resolve it, then check the reminder settings for the income reminder to check Auto enter days...

• Jan G
    Jan G Member ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Now what?

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing seems to be incorrect. If you haven’t validated your file recently. I would suggest doing this. File>File Operations>Validate. Be sure to make a backup beforehand. 
  • Jan G
    Jan G Member ✭✭
    I actually did validate it a week or so ago. I’ll try it again. Maybe even make a copy and do a validate and repair.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Is this the only reminder that is causing issue? If so, try deleting and reenter. If you have multiple reminders not posting, then it may be time to reach out to support. Their number is available at the bottom of this link.
    Official Quicken® Support - Phone, Chat, or Community
  • Jan G
    Jan G Member ✭✭
    No, every "reminder" acts the same way. Thanks for trying. I'll contact tech support.
This discussion has been closed.