Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Suntrust Bank Download issues 10/14/2020

Direct Connect/download & Bill Pay issues started 10/14/202. Attempted to re-activate downloads and Bill Pay. Quicken support said to call SunTrust. On the phone with Suntrust for 3 hours. Problem is still an issue. Suntrust is sending a lock out code by snail mail. Is anyone all of a sudden having download issues and getting locked out?

Comments

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @drbf

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

May I also ask that you provide the initial error messages that you were encountering?

This information will help other members determine if they are experiencing a similar issue to you.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • drbfdrbf Member
    Suntrust is sending a one time passcode by snailmail to arrive this week. I will get back with you once I give that a try. I'm running the paid subscription of Quicken on Windows 10 version release R29.22. I seem to remember downloading the latest version and that might be when things went haywire. Credit cards download fine. Thanks! I've used Quicken for about 24 years!
  • drbfdrbf Member
    Bill pay still not working with SunTrust. Issue started 10/14. Contacted Quicken Support on several occasions and they have tried lots of different things. Ticket ID 8064166 - 10/30/2020. SunTrust shows Bill pay is setup and working on their end, but it doesn't work! Online payee tab is grayed out. SunTrust is no longer available as a Financial Institution on my payee list. When attempting to set up my accounts. Quicken accepts my acct. number, routing number and my 'SunTrust Customer ID' .... NOT the 'Quicken ID'. Before 10/14 my Quicken ID was associated with both a checking and savings account. Prior to 10/14/2020 when I did a one step updated SunTrust had 2 downloads to Quicken. Two of my accounts used the 'Quicken ID' and one 'sole account' had showed our 'Suntrust Customer ID'. Told that Quicken no longer would download a sole account into Quicken so we turned my husband's sole account into a joint account. Now there is only one SunTrust download in my Vault. Where does the 'Quicken ID' come from? I just cannot enter it into my online account setup for any of the 3 accounts. SunTrust when asked knows about the Quicken ID. They say it is a Quicken Issue and Quicken says it is a SunTrust IT issue and will not address it until others report the same issue. I'm beginning to think the SunTrust Bill Pay will not work until I can enter my Quicken ID into the account setup. Online account setup only allows the Suntrust Customer ID for login! Please help! I've used Quicken for over 25 years and love it!
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @drbf

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • drbfdrbf Member
    I've spent several hours on phone support. Currently NOTHING is downloading from SunTrust after my last phone support.
  • QE support does not have a solution. Running R29.22 and Windows 10. New lock code from SunTrust did not help
  • B CurleyB Curley Member ✭✭
    I experienced the same issue in mid-October after Quicken was updated. All of the accounts that I had setup to use Web Express Connect stopped working after a Quicken update (I have a Quicken Windows subscription). I was able to switch all of the accounts to use Direct Connect by reactivating the accounts within Quicken. However, Suntrust is the only one that did not allow me to reactivate the account. I get a message that I need to contact Suntrust to enroll in PC Banking. I have not had time to contact Suntrust. After reading this thread, I am hesitant to do so.