Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

DivX not working

I just switched back to Quicken for Windows from the MAC version. One of the features I was most excited about was DivX, that I used for years when I previously had the Windows version. Now, every "DivX" transaction that I try to enter, Quicken turns it into a "Div" transaction and does not move the dollars into the transfer account that I have asked it to. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @bhorka,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you currently have running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    Also, when entering DivX, when does the change to Div occur? While entering or after saving?

Please, check back and let us know!
    -Quicken Anja
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is your investment account, in which you're receiving these dividends a  TAXABLE account, or a retirement type account.
    Because the Divx transaction requires that a "Linked checking acount" be created to receive those transferred dividends ... and the Linked Checking Account feature, which is created via an EDIT of the investment accounts features, is not available with a retirement type account.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    NotACPA said:
    the Divx transaction requires that a "Linked checking acount" be created to receive those transferred dividends
    No it doesn't. I have no linked checking accounts and I can create DivX transactions which transfer from my regular brokerage accounts to any other accounts.
    NotACPA said:
    Is your investment account, in which you're receiving these dividends a  TAXABLE account, or a retirement type account.
    This seems to be the determining factor. What seems to be the case is that retirement accounts don't allow DivX.
    I cannot even begin to enter one into any of my IRAs. I even tried editing the account attributes to make an IRA not tax-deferred and removed its tax schedules for transfers in and out, and restarted Q. I was still unable to enter a DivX into that account. The "Transfer Account" menu is disabled in the dialog to enter an Income transaction.
    So, in addition to the still unanswered questions from @Quicken Anja , my question to @bhorka is whether this is a retirement account or not. If not, I don't have an explanation.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • bhorkabhorka Member ✭✭
    They are not retirement accounts -- just regular stocks that, when dividends get paid, they do not reinvest. They go into my Margin account. For years and years I used to use "DivX" with no problem. I switched to the MAC version for a few years - - MAC does not have this feature. I just switched back to the Windows version and ran into this issue, which I had never encountered in the past. Thanks.
  • Bob_LBob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19
    How is your margin account set up in Quicken?

EDIT:  Have you tried a different transfer account?
    Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Home