Difficulty Accessing US Bank Biller (QBM) [Edited to more accurately reflect issue]

Continuous online banking issues with US Bank! One moment it says "Biller's we site is not accessible at this time" and then it says "web site is accessible but no new bills" both of which are inaccurate

Best Answers

• Mark Veta
    Mark Veta Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I agree with you in every regard! These bill retrieval services are overrated and unreliable. I've begun using Chase payment services which enables me to effectively operate virtually the same as I was doing with the old Quicken Bill Pay. As you noted, alot of needless wasted time and retrieving bill and initiating payments separately is alot easier. I will no longer be using Quick Pay/Check Pay after the payments I previously transmitted are made. Thank you. Sincerely, Mark

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited October 2020
    Hello @Mark Veta,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

How long have you been experiencing these issues? 

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Mark Veta

Thank you for taking the time to share your question with the Community, although I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble with US Bank.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing the online biller profile for the US Bank and have reported this biller.

Please allow 48 hours before attempting to update the bill once more and let me know if you still receive an error message.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Mark Veta
    Mark Veta Member ✭✭
    I'm on Quicken 2020 Vers R29.22 and I've been experiencing this issue since on or about Sep 1, 2020. Thank you, Mark
  • Mark Veta
    Mark Veta Member ✭✭
    Now same problem with Discover!!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Mark Veta

Thank you for the response.

The issue with US Bank has successfully been reported and is being investigated.

I am also unable to update my personal Discover card, our service provider is showing that Discover is currently experiencing an outage.

I am unable to provide an ETA on when either of these billers is available. I would attempt to update on Monday and see if there has been any improvement.

I apologize for not having better news at this time.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Mark Veta
    Mark Veta Member ✭✭
    Thank you.
  • Mark Veta
    Mark Veta Member ✭✭
    No change! Still having same issues with both US Bank & Discover!
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2020
    @Mark Veta  What method are you using to connect to USB? 
    Please do TOOLS, Account List and then look in the "Transactions Download" column for this info.
    I ask because I'm using Direct Connect ... and am  experiencing no  problems with download from 2 USB checking accounts, and a USB credit card.
    USB's implementation of  Express Web connect has always been flaky, at best, and I consider the $3.95/month to download all of my USB accounts to be money well spent.
    In the meantime, while you're waiting for this issue to be resolved, you might try "Web  Connect" downloads into  Q.  Login to USB's website and initiate the downloads (one per account) from there and then import before starting the next download.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Mark Veta
    Mark Veta Member ✭✭
    I'm not having any prob with the One-Step Update (downloads) from USB or Discov. My problems are in the new Quicken Bill Pay/Bill Mgr where it advises that "The biller's web site is not accessible at this time. Please try try again later." And is does say "try try" which is how this has been! Does this change your recommendation??
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Are you trying to pay bills through US Bank or to retrieve a US Bank credit card bill on the Bills & Income tab?  It seems the question title changed and since Quicken Billpay no longer exists is confusing as well.  
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Mark Veta
    Mark Veta Member ✭✭
    I'm trying to retrieve US Bank and Discover Credit Card info via the Bills & Payment tab!
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still not positive what specific information you are trying retrieve and am not familiar with a "Payment" tab.  Are US Bank & Discover credit cards set up as Online Bills (or are you trying to do that)?  If they are set up as Bills, have they ever updated with either a due date or amount before?   Are you trying to make a payment using Quick Pay or Check Pay?  I'm just not sure where you are in the program/process.
    Quicken user since 1995
  • Mark Veta
    Mark Veta Member ✭✭
    Quicken Bill Manager - Bills & Income Tab: even when it's updated, those 2 vendors won't show the Current Bill, the Last Payment and the drop down action button which would enable me to pay the next bill to these vendors.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    jrich75 said:
    Have they ever updated with either a due date or amount before?   Are you trying to make a payment using Quick Pay or Check Pay? 
    I am guessing your answers would be yes and yes.  Sorry for the delayed response.  I missed your last reply as I was travelling.  Anyway, I hope your immediate QBM issues have resolved but there are many other reports of similar experiences and I expect theses problems will likely continue and/or return.
    For the past 6 months I have tried to get the bill retrieval and new Quicken payment processes to work.  The results of that wasted time and effort is that they do not work consistently and cannot be relied upon.  I will say that this is not entirely a Quicken problem.  I have set up bill retrieval on both my bank and credit union bill payment services and the problems of delayed bills occur there as well.  For example, my 10/16 DiscoverCard bill was just "received" by my Credit Union on 11/4.  The bill is due 11/11.  This type of delay or failure is true of many other problem billers including Citi, Capital One and USAA.  Nearly half of my primary billers will not present statements consistently on any system other than their native website.  I was able to retrieve and set up payment for my Discover bill because I keep a separate calendar of when bills come due could use my CU payment system to make payment.  So I no longer use Quicken Bill Manager for any of my bills.  It is much simpler and less time consuming to retrieve the bills myself and initiate payment at my financial institution.  I do retain transfer reminders in Quicken for these payments and typically edit those reminders when I reconcile the account.  When the payment transaction downloads from by bank, all I have to do is accept the match.  Much less time and frustration.
    Quicken user since 1995
  • Mark Veta
    Mark Veta Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I agree with you in every regard! These bill retrieval services are overrated and unreliable. I've begun using Chase payment services which enables me to effectively operate virtually the same as I was doing with the old Quicken Bill Pay. As you noted, alot of needless wasted time and retrieving bill and initiating payments separately is alot easier. I will no longer be using Quick Pay/Check Pay after the payments I previously transmitted are made. Thank you. Sincerely, Mark