Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Do I have to add online payees all over again?

I see that my old bill pay payees are there but I don't see any way to convert them to either online or check pay payees.  And the old information on the payees is gone now.

Quicken Premier 2020 R29.22 Build 27.1.29.22
Windows 10 Home v2004 Build 19041.572

Answers

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Michael Rosen

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please note, these steps are meant for one payee at a time, there is no option to copy all of the bill pay payees at once.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Michael RosenMichael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    I only have these options.

And if I just click Edit, the Check Pay option is greyed out.

Thanks.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Michael Rosen

Thank you for the response and the screenshot. I have a few more questions. 

First, can you please confirm that you have an account that is enabled for CheckPay? This is located on the "Bills and Income" tab under the gear under "Payment Accounts".

Also, can you please confirm with another payee that this option is unavailable?

Please let me know!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
    Hi, yes, I do have a CheckPay account enabled and I have used it with other payees.

Thanks.
  • Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited October 2020
    Hello @Michael Rosen,

Thank you for providing the details requested by @Quicken_Tyka, though I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

Are you seeing the Edit option shown in the screenshot you previously provided for all your reminders (except those connected to Online Billers, if any), or do you have some that do show Check Pay instead?

Also, could you please click on the Edit button shown in your screenshot instead of the dropdown menu and in the Edit Reminder screen that should open, do you see a checkbox option for Allow paying with Check Pay in the bottom-right corner as shown below? 

If this entire bottom section does not show, then you may need to click on Optional Settings first to expand and show the options as it may default to being collapsed.

Please, check back and let us know!
    -Quicken Anja
    Hi, the second screen shot I included was the Edit option.

The check pay payees that I do have are ones I created manually.
  • Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for your response.

When you click on the Edit option, do you receive the checkbox option for Allow paying with Check Pay under Optional Settings as shown in the screenshot I provided in my previous response? 
    -Quicken Anja
    No, the option is still greyed out.

I just was editing another bill reminder and I changed Auto enter to Remind me and Allow paying with Check Pay became available.

If these are online billers, why does it have to use Check Pay?  Why isn't it an online bill payment?