Home Quicken on the Web Using Quicken on the Web

Clr column should default to "U" and not clear when entering new transactions (Edited)

jdvoracekjdvoracek Member ✭✭
edited October 2020 in Using Quicken on the Web
When entering a new transaction in any Quicken on the Web account, the Clr (cleared) status defaults to "c" which is totally incorrect. That flag is for transactions downloaded from a financial institution. When I sync and then open a reconcile window on my PC, these transactions show up as reconciled with the green check, and I have to uncheck then before I start reconciling with my credit and bank statements. Why don't I just download those statements? Well the whole purpose of reconciling is to verify the credit company and bank got the transactions right. So could that flag default correctly to "u" on new transactions I enter on the web so I don't have to change it every time?? Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I agree this is wrong.  It should default to "u" when entering transactions in Quicken Web.

@Quicken_Tyka Can you please change this thread to an Idea thread so that people can vote on it?  Thank you.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • jdvoracekjdvoracek Member ✭✭
    I am just wondering if anything is going to be done about this. We enter most charges using our phones and reconcile on the PC. Everything entered on the phone comes up "c" which is incorrect and getting very annoying. How hard can this be to get fixed? TIA!
    Well you can start by voting on your own idea (I know it is strange thing about this forum), click on this button above.

Hopefully they will change this.
    edited October 2020
    Thanks. Just did. Surprised this has not bothered others. Oh well.
    It probably has, but they probably just put up with it or don't know how to report it.
    Of course it might also be that others aren't entering many transactions manually.

I personally don't used Quicken Web except in testing, but I know this would certainly bother me if I did.

• rmacbethrmacbeth Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    I agree with you and Chris about this being a good idea for a future change. I also have not used Quicken Web much except when testing.
    Rich
    A User of Quicken since DOS days, Retired from IBM as Sr Systems Management, was one of the leading Internet Security people in the world and retired from the Military
  • markus1957markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I would argue this is a bug if the behavior is being accurately described. Manual entries made in the mobile or web apps should receive the same treatment as manual entries made in the desktop app.

I would like the OP to clarify that this behavior happens immediately upon entry and is not the normal result of the Cloud spending accounts periodically updating transactions and matching to the manual entries during an interval where the desktop product has not performed an OSU.

I also don't use mobile/web routinely but seem to recall that the spending accounts conduct there own updates independent of the desktop.  It would be normal for those matched transactions to change their status to Cleared after one of those and then report that updated status to the desktop whenever it was synced.

A few years ago, before the web app, I was surprised at the number of users who used the mobile app almost independently from the desktop and were surprised the cloud was not a backup file they could restore from when the desktop file was compromised.  The web app makes this use case even more likely.

In any case, the behavior should be verified by another user in the web app.
    Thanks for the comments!

> I would like the OP to clarify that this behavior happens immediately upon entry and is not the normal result of the Cloud spending accounts periodically updating transactions and matching to the manual entries during an interval where the desktop product has not performed an OSU.

What is a "Cloud spending account?" I did a Quicken and a web search for "Quicken Cloud spending account" and found nothing helpful. None of my accounts (two credit, two banking) are linked to or updated by financial institutions. The only way "c" should show up in a transaction is when we manually reconcile it on my Windows PC against our paper statements.

> I also don't use mobile/web routinely but seem to recall that the spending accounts conduct there own updates independent of the desktop.  It would be normal for those matched transactions to change their status to Cleared after one of those and then report that updated status to the desktop whenever it was synced.

What type of update? Again, neither web nor PC accounts linked to a financial institution.

> A few years ago, before the web app, I was surprised at the number of users who used the mobile app almost independently from the desktop and were surprised the cloud was not a backup file they could restore from when the desktop file was compromised.  The web app makes this use case even more likely.

As before, we enter all our own transactions. Financial institutions do not. Quicken is a review of the financial institution actions - misentered check and credit amounts which happen once or twice every month. We enter credit charges and checks as we spend on our phones, then reconcile and backup on the PC. Backup locally is actually on a home server with the active Quicken file on the PC.

> In any case, the behavior should be verified by another user in the web app.

Be our guest!
    edited October 2020
    I would argue this is a bug if the behavior is being accurately described. Manual entries made in the mobile or web apps should receive the same treatment as manual entries made in the desktop app.

Now that you bring it up, you are right, this is a bug, and should be fixed.  Manually entered transactions shouldn't be recorded as cleared!
    This isn't the result of syncing with the Desktop/cloud account/financial institution, it happens as soon as you select the + icon to add a transaction.

Before selecting the + icon.

After, notice I haven't even put in the payee and the transaction is already marked C (cleared).

• Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this here in the Community.

After doing some testing, this is in fact a bug. Therefore, I have changed this Idea post to a Discussion and have gone ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing awareness to this issue!
    -Quicken Anja