Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

Duplicate Bill Reminders on Calendar but not in Bill and Reminder Manager

My previous entry was closed. I performed every step and it removed the duplicates, but it DIDNT STOP THEM RECURRING. I now have many duplicates on the calendar again. Only on the calendar, not in my list of Bill and Income Reminders at the bottom of the screen. And not every Bill Reminder, just recently created. The multiple listings in the calendar all disappear when I delete one of them, but then I create a new reminder and a few minutes later, there are two or three or more again! This is REALLY annoying. The duplicates are all added up like they are individual reminders, but entering one makes the rest disappear and, as I said, deleting one deletes them all. If a reminder is duplicated, it is duplicated into the future, too. This affects all graphs projecting balances for my account. It makes the entire Calendar USELESS.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• bar28bar28 Member ✭✭
    I have this same problem and have had it for a very long time. I talked with customer support and it was suggested it was my hard drive which has since been replaced (it needed to be anyway). But that did not fix the problem. Also, I have, on too many occasions, completed the "Validate and Repair" which supposedly finds many issues to "fix" but the problem still persists. I even created a new Quicken file and started anew. Not even this fixed the problem. I kept my old file just in case (for historical records-- since 1996). I like using the calendar for my bills but this makes it absolutely useless since one bill can amount to many 100s of dollars being subtracted from the account balance in the full-calendar view. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nineseas, @bar28 Seeing this post again, it struck me that the problem may be an incorrect frequency in the reminder, that would explain many occurrences of one reminder in the calendar.

I know this is obvious and I'm sure you've checked this already, but let's rule this one out and carefully review those settings.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10
  • nineseasnineseas Member ✭✭
    @Rich_M as I mentioned in my opening statement, I tried everything suggested I do from my previous post, which was answered and closed with no opportunity for a response. (Which irritated me in and of itself.) I copied my Data file, created a new one, and cleaned it with the validation thing, then did the EXTRA DOUBLE SECRET validation from the hidden menu, then restarted. It removed the dupes but doesnt prevent the duplication issue.

I dont know what you mean by "Incorrect frequency" since a reminder can be only as chosen in the different dropdowns. Monthly on the 8th of the month, for example.

The calendar is damn near useless and is extremely irritating at this point. Ever since Quicken was divested from Intuit, it has progressively fallen into disrepair and stupid issues.

Maybe have to make a one month reminders for the rest of my fracking life?
    Also, it replicates WHILE I'm logged on to Quicken! I can create a monthly reminder, and then a few minutes look again and it replicated on the same day and into the future. I hate this stupid software - if anyone can fix this, they will be my hero. :)
  • Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nineseas I came across another discussion which seems to be the same issue as yours @ukr posted a solution which worked, take a look.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7882328/why-does-my-calendar-show-so-many-of-the-same-transaction-coming-up#latest
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10
  • bar28bar28 Member ✭✭
    Sorry, I don't leave quicken open without restarting after an update. Also, my bills are set to "Monthly" for a specific day. Hence, the frequency would not be the issue. Plus, I see no other setting for frequency.
    I did everything, as I mentioned in my opening statement. New file, cleansing, etc. Plus, I always reboot my PC and I have all my reminders set to monthly. Ones I had created more than a year ago remain as individual, monthly reminders. Others created this year replicate! I tried setting it to one time only, and those have not replicated yet, but creating a new reminder every month renders the Calendar as a useless chunk of code. I need monthly reminders and I dont want half of them to replicate into 6, 7, or 8 copies or more.