Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Anyone having problems accessing anything on File menu?

All file functions since 29.22 are broken. Cannot click on open file, find file, cannot validate file (unable to close). just adding to the list of things that are broke

Best Answers

• aztomtreeaztomtree Member
    Accepted Answer
    You are 100% correct. I forgot that I had turned off notifications a few days ago. I couldn't figure why I wasn't getting notified once I saw where the problem was. Once I turned it on I was good to go and turned ransomware back on

Answers

• Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @aztomtree,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Do you have a recent pre-update backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. Since the options in the File menu aren't currently working, you will need to open your Windows File Explorer and navigate to the location where your backups are saved. Then, double-click on the backup you would like to use to restore.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install and update.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
    It's still screwed up. I have completely removed, run cleanup tool and reinstalled. Most file functions do not work. The program saves nothing. The password vault will not save anything and the program crashes and sends me to Bugsplat to report the crash. I hate the fact that you cannot defer installs of new versions without an auto download and install.
    It was the Controlled Folder Access. Had to turn off the feature because allowing only the app only partially works. Quicken fires a uses temp files on every start of the app that get blocked as well. Thanks
    Accepted Answer
    You are 100% correct. I forgot that I had turned off notifications a few days ago. I couldn't figure why I wasn't getting notified once I saw where the problem was. Once I turned it on I was good to go and turned ransomware back on