Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Fidelity Portfolio Value Wrong Again...

Every once in a while, Quicken produces a SW update which wreaks havoc with my accounts in different ways. Recently within the past month, after some SW update, Fidelity balance, which should be $30k, Quicken shows valued at $300k. I have a few Fidelity accounts and they are reflected correctly. This one smaller cash account is what's screwed up and does not reflect the proper value. Also, I believe it has something to do with I converted cash in this account to money-market backed securities.

Screenshot below.

Again -- all after recent SW patch(es). It's funny because they released another patch - it went back to "normal". I thought they fixed the issue then they did another SW patch and it went back to the wrong amount of $300k.

Yes I've done the data "validate and repairs", I've blown away the account entirely and recreated it, blown away the Quicken file and recreated it, and also blown away all my Fidelity accounts within Quicken / recreated, blown away / resynced all Cloud data etc etc
Nothing works.
why.png 21.5K

Answers

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    From your description of the issue and the transactions you've provided, I suspect you've inadvertently associated a money market fund with a mutual fund.  Note: The Fidelity® Capital & Income Fund (FAGIX) is $10.15 as of Friday's close.  

I suggest you correct the security.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • s0apscums0apscum Member ✭✭
    This is helpful. Well, *I* didn't inadvertently associate it but I did discover that Quicken was downloading the account as having purchased FAGIX (a security I never owned) -- when it actually should have been SPRXX. That's the issue. So thank you for helping me catch the error.

Keep in mind, I didn't do anything except to create a Fidelity account within Quicken, front-load my login information, and click "download". It downloaded and synced all the rest of the Fidelity accounts and securities correctly. For whatever reason this account, it incorrectly downloaded FAGIX instead of SPRXX. In any case, thanks for the help catching this.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    s0apscum said:
    This is helpful. Well, *I* didn't inadvertently associate it but I did discover that Quicken was downloading the account as having purchased FAGIX (a security I never owned) -- when it actually should have been SPRXX. That's the issue. So thank you for helping me catch the error.

Keep in mind, I didn't do anything except to create a Fidelity account within Quicken, front-load my login information, and click "download". It downloaded and synced all the rest of the Fidelity accounts and securities correctly. For whatever reason this account, it incorrectly downloaded FAGIX instead of SPRXX. In any case, thanks for the help catching this.
    When Quicken imports a security from a financial institution that hasn't been matched to a security in Quicken, Quicken will prompt us to match the security to an existing security in Quicken that hasn't been already matched or to create a new security.  Note: We set the ticker symbol that is associated with the security in Quicken.

I suspect you did mismatch the Fidelity Money Market Fund security from Fidelity to the Fidelity Capital & Income Fund security in Quicken.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • s0apscums0apscum Member ✭✭
    yes I'm aware of that function. Sorry but that's not the case but I did import and select the rest of the securities with the other Fidelity accounts using that function/procedure...and it worked. But thanks again for helping catch the error for this account.