Online update in R29 gives OL-304 error for one of my 2 Vanguard accounts (one brokerage, one IRA)

This may relate to the following improvement in R29 from the release notes..

"Improvement: The Add Account screens have been improved to make the process of linking accounts to financial institutions easier. The new design emphasizes that users add accounts by financial institution rather than account type. For example, a user may have several accounts (checking, savings, credit card, etc.) with the same institution and those can be added via a single search rather than searching for each account type separately."

I have two separate Quicken accounts, one for the Vanguard brokerage account and one for the IRA account. Both of my separate Quicken accounts are identified by the Financial Institution: Vanguard. Since installing R29, Quicken update updates the brokerage account correctly, but gives the OL-304 error for the separate IRA account.

The comment in the release notes "The new design emphasizes that users add accounts by 'financial institution' rather than 'account type" seems to indicate that two types of Vanguard investment accounts should now be linked to the a single Quicken investment account. This was not possible previously, since the Account Type was set when entering a Quicken account, and cannot be changed.

Please ask if more information would be helpful. I'm open to merging the accounts or moving the investments for one account to the other if this can be easily accomplished without damaging my historical data. I have about 20 years of history.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Bedford,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    To start with, please review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting steps found in this support article regarding error OL-304.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Bedford
    Bedford Member ✭✭
    I'm researching this further to try to identify what changed in R29-22 or in the vanguard site to cause this error to suddenly appear.
  • glhibbs
    glhibbs Member
    Hi I have the same problem with 2 Vanguard accounts (brokerage and IRA), about 17 yrs. worth of data and now the update process sometimes says "complete" but no transactions actually download. I also unpredictably get the OL error message when I try to update. Not sure I should try to move transactions into new file w/o figuring out what's going sideways.

Version 29.22, Build 27.1.29.22