Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

One Step Update Summary

Dechief5Dechief5 Member ✭✭
There's some great discussion here https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7881888/osu-new-format#latest about all the new 'growing pains' with whatever technical term you wish to use for the 'upgrades' Quicken is doing in regards to connectivity to financial institutions.
What I have haven't seen specific mention of is the OSU summary is no longer (for me, at least) providing the expected summary of what happened during the most recent OSU - and yes, I do have all the appropriate options set to display all info after connection. I'm getting reports on about six of the 13 connections I should be getting info on. What's up with that?

Comments

• MauriAnneMauriAnne Member ✭✭
    For what it's worth, I've been fighting the same issue for two weeks now. I've spent 7 hours on the phone with support, had very helpful advice from members here, and have tried everything I can possibly imagine (back leveling Quicken, back leveling my file to various old levels, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc, etc). Downloads work but the OSU summary screen doesn't list any of my accounts and the last download date is blank.

I don't know what to do next other than start using a new Quicken file (which does work) and leave my existing file with 30+ years of history in it off to the side for reference.
  • jrich75jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Have you checked updates via Tools, Account List?  If you have the options set to do so, it will show the date/time of the last update for each account.  Also, the last update information should be displayed at the top of each account register.  
    I have also seen that the OSU summary is behaving differently on occasion but after a update this morning and a Vanguard error that cleared with Try Again, the summary is complete.  So, if I ever have a question, I check the register or account list.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Dechief5Dechief5 Member ✭✭
    @jrich75 Tools, Account list shows 'Not Available' in the 'Last Download' column for each account that won't show in the OSU summary. There is nothing diplayed regarding last download/connection time in any of the problematic account registers.
    What does the Transaction Download column say for those accounts?  I only get Not Available when accounts are not set up for download.  If you Edit, Account  Details Online Services do those accounts show they are set up?  Have you tried to update those accounts individually using the register, Gear, Update Now?
    Quicken user since 1995
    @jrich75 They all say 'Yes (Express Web Connect)' And yes, same result if I update originally (BTW - some accounts do download transactions, but I don't want to play twenty questions each day to determine if they had transactions or not - which is where an accurate OSU summary comes into play)...
    edited October 2020
    OK, I understand your frustration.  I wonder if your problem may be more complex than just the OSU summary problem.  It is certainly different from what I am seeing. My Account List always reports the correct last update time for each account. 

To check, I did an Update Now for a single EWC account, the OSU summary reported 5 accounts were updated even though only the updated one showed the current date/time.  Checking the Tools, OSU summary window showed 8 accounts, a different list than above, but still including the individual updated account.  I then did a normal OSU and the summary then included all 15 of my accounts normally included in OSU (after doing Try Again for Vanguard).  About half my accounts are Express Web Connect and the rest Direct Connect.  I checked the Account list after each update and the date/time were correctly listed for each account.  I do notice that on the last update the EWC accounts show exactly the same date/time as the DC accounts which is unusual.  They are usually a minute or two behind, so this seems consistent with the reported EWC issues of not actually updatimg even when they say they have.

So, your experience is significantly different than what I am experiencing. Can you verify that the accounts showing as Not Available have in fact updated recently?  If you do an Update Now for one of them, what does the completion summary show?  What does the Tools, OSU summary show?  
    Quicken user since 1995
    @jrich75 Hey... Yes, I can verify that several of the accounts (maybe three of the seven) not showing up in the OSU Summary have, in fact, been updated (there were transactions to review). What is frustrating is for the other four or so (including my 'main' accounts at NFCU), I have no idea if they were successful or not. Regardless, the accounts listed as 'Express Web Connect' have no last download date in the account list, nor in their specific register.
    If you update the NFCU account(s) from a register, what does the completion window show?  Do you get any error at all?
    Quicken user since 1995
    @Dechief5, just in case it's helpful, your experience is identical to mine.
    @jrich75 - It shows no info at all - at least not in the GUI (haven't tried to check any logs yet).. One of the accounts did update with transactions, but none of the others appear to have done so - at least I can't readily see if they did (once again, OSU summary ain't showing what it used too ;-)...). Bottom line seems to be accounts may - or may not - update, but there is no graphical indication in the OSU Summary (or the account register) of what happened, when - this includes the specific account at NFCU, for example, that did update)
    edited October 2020
    I am just trying to verify the steps that appear during an update.  When updating an individual account, I assume you are getting a starting update window similar this:

When I did that individual account update I got the following completion window:
    The account updated was Territorial Savings bank.  Pentagon Federal was last update on Saturday, the others were update early this morning. So that is obviously not the way the update summary should be reporting.  However, hovering over the 
    ... does show the correct date/time for each account. 

So, if you are just getting a blank window or no summary window at all, I'm at a loss.  If it were me, I would probably try resetting the account and if that didn't work, then maybe deactivating and re-activating online access. I suppose there is some risk in doing that.  Have you contacted support so they can screen share and monitor what is happening?  I know it's time consuming but it may be the only way.

Quicken user since 1995
    edited October 2020
    @jrich75 - I get a display similar to what you list in the first pic (with my bank name listed, of course), yes. I also get something similar to the second pic, BUT it does not list any of my FIs that are connected via Express Web Connect.
    FWIW, this I started seeing this OSU Summary issue mid last week-ish after the last update (I am now on 2020 R29.22 Build 27.1.29.22).
    I am reticent to do anymore resetting or disconnects/reconnects, as I have spent serveral hours, ad nauseum, after each of the last two updates fixing the 'improved' connections foisted on me - errr, helpfully provided by - Quicken. I *believe* things are connecting properly, but this is a seat of the pants supposition, since I can't get that OSU Summary to show up properly to validate ;-)...
    @jrich75 - I re-read your last post and did an individual update for NFCU. I get the same display you do in your first pic, but the attached pic is what I get upon connection completion. Again, NFCU is conneting via EWC...
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Hi All,

[removed - internal only steps that should not be posted]

Close the Window. Now retried One Step Update.

Report back the results.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R30.21  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21296.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.746

Note: Product What's New in Quicken is grayed out.. Also Year is stuck on 2020 and Copyright Date is stuck 2018 in About Quicken.

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

@thecreator I just tried changing to FDS and it made no difference. The update appears to work, but the OSU summary screen is still blank and the account list shows last download date as "not available" for all my accounts.
    edited October 2020
    @thecreator - Agree with MauriAnne - no change in behavior when I switched to FDS. I've changed back to QCS.
    (I also see you got slapped for trying to help - sorry about that...)
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All,

Contact Quicken Support. If you have Premier or higher logged into your Quicken Account and get the phone number. It may be different for each User.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R30.21  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21296.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.746

Note: Product What's New in Quicken is grayed out.. Also Year is stuck on 2020 and Copyright Date is stuck 2018 in About Quicken.

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

@MauriAnne & @Dechief5 ,
     You might want to check back on the link provide in the original question of this thread.  I seems there is a connection error that may not be reporting correctly.  I'm not sure how that relates to your situation where some accounts actually update but the OSU summary symptoms are similar.  Also, another recent OSU post mentions continuing issues with NFCU related to MFA so that may contribute as well.  I would encourage both of you to use Help, Report Problem from within Quicken to add your input and request for near term fix.

I had hoped that @thecreator's suggestion would be useful but since Quicken is phasing out use of the FDS channel, they no longer want users switching between channels themselves.  
    Quicken user since 1995
    edited October 2020
    @thecreator and @jrich75 , I spent 7 hours with Quicken support last week. :( They are convinced it's my file causing the issue. Since I created a new file with just my active 11 financial institutions and it works correctly (OSU summary screen and last download date both display as expected), I understand their point but since other's here are having similar problems, I tend to think it's a Quicken issue. For now. I have been updating both files to make sure the d/l'ed transactions are the same. I'm inclined to think calling again or reporting it won't help.
  • chedgecochedgeco Member ✭✭
    This seems to be a related to this "resolved" defect. Since the latest update I am seeing this issue again. One Step Update does not display/download from all selected institutions?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7879063/one-step-update-doesnt-download-from-all-financial-institutions

Version: R29.22
    Build: 27.1.29.22
    This isuue seems to have taken a turn for the worse... Today's OSU session resulted in a Summary with NO results listed - not even those that used to show up when the EWC connections didn't. Additionally, the account List has 'not available' listed for every account in the 'Last Download' column. What the heck is going on?? I have submitted a problem report, but unsurprisingly, have not yet had a response.
    I'm going to bump this... This issue has not been resolved for me yet. This would include doing a 'Report a Problem' from the Help menu about 3 weeks ago for which I haven’t even received an acknowledgement, much less 'support' for the problem. I am attaching screen snips of the continuing oh-so-informative OSU Summary and account listing showing no data for 'last download' (although they are being updated, as far as I can tell - but that's always a shot in the dark, given the feedback Quicken is providing). One interesting thing to note - accounts under a different userID at NFCU ARE reporting a 'Last Download' date, but no others are.
This discussion has been closed.