Why am I getting an Illegal Operation error on one of my transactions when attempting to Sync?

Every time I attempt to sync (usually when I close Quicken) I get an error on a single transaction - The desktop transaction in "<account>" on "<date>" for <amount> was not synced. Illegal operation: {0}

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello @rmoyer5620

Thank you for the response and for letting me know the results of resetting the cloud.

If you haven't done so already, I would take a moment to review the steps and information available here and here.

If you are still needing assistance after completing these steps or need help walking through the steps, please feel free to contact support directly for one on one assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Hello @rmoyer5620

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

May I ask that you navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

I would start by resetting the Quicken cloud.

1.  Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID Sync & Alerts

2.  Click the link to “Reset your cloud data”

Please let me know if the trouble persists after completing this step.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • rmoyer5620
    rmoyer5620 Member ✭✭
    Year: 2020
    Version: R29.22
    Build: 27.1.29.22
  • rmoyer5620
    rmoyer5620 Member ✭✭
    I tried to reset my cloud data but received a bunch of errors.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello @rmoyer5620

Thank you for the response and for letting me know the results of resetting the cloud.

If you haven't done so already, I would take a moment to review the steps and information available here and here.

If you are still needing assistance after completing these steps or need help walking through the steps, please feel free to contact support directly for one on one assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.