Home Before you Buy

will quicken 2021 work with ipad pro?

I found the discussion for 2019 regarding this issue, but didn't know if there were any upgrades for mobile iPad app to gain full functionality on iPad pro? Seriously considering buy iPad pro instead of using windows. I have never use mobile option and not sure what I would be missing

Best Answer

Answers

• BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @Robin Lee - Quicken does have a sister product called Simplifi.  Since iPads can access the web, I would think you should be able to use it.  I'm not real familiar with Simplifi myself but I believe it is a web-based subscription program ($3-$4/month) that has some nice features but is not as full featured as is Quicken.  You might want to check it out.  They do offer a free 30-day trial so there's no cost if it doesn't meet your needs.:  https://www.simplifimoney.com/.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R30.10 on Windows 10)
  • Robin LeeRobin Lee Member ✭✭
    I have been a Q user since the beginning, don’t particularly care for having my finances on the web. What I was really hoping for was by 2021 they might have come around to making the adjustments to the Q program. The more people who ask for something Q will figure out it’s important. I have been using my windows based Surface Pro 3 for the past 4 yrs and that is a tablet based computer. So why not iPad?
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Robin Lee said:
    So why not iPad?
    Because it is completely different operating system, which means it would be a totally rewrite of Quicken.

The iPad uses iOS, Mac's use MacOS, and Windows of course use Windows.

In 2007 Intuit started the rewrite of Quicken Mac, as of today 2020 it is approaching having the features of Quicken Mac 2007/Quicken Windows Deluxe.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
    Robin Lee said:
    I have been using my windows based Surface Pro 3 for the past 4 yrs and that is a tablet based computer. 
    P.S.  Just to be clear, the Surface Pro 3 might look like a tablet, but it runs a full Windows 10 operating system.  Not like iOS or Android.
  • BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @Robin Lee - Another generalized way of looking at it:  Surface is a computer whereas iPad is more of a smart phone.  Currently Quicken supports only Windows and Mac computers...unless you opt in for Mobile & Web which allows you to access some of the Quicken features on your smart phone/iPad and on the web.  But opting in for Mobile & Web puts some of your financial data where you say you don't want it...on the web.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R30.10 on Windows 10)
  • Robin LeeRobin Lee Member ✭✭
    @Chris_QPW Well now I understand why it won’t work thanks. I am a bit smarter today then yesterday. Any chance they will ever release a full version for iPad? I now understand how diff that is but is there a glimmer of hope?
    @Robin Lee I can't predict the future, even though it is unlikely, there is always a possibility that it might happen.  And Quicken Inc like Intuit before them, don't tell us what they are working on.
    I had a thought that maybe you could run a virtual machine on the iPad Pro and therefore run a copy of Windows 10 there, but it seems that Apple doesn't like the idea of other operating systems running on it, and basically has locked those out of the Apple store.
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The single best method to run Quicken on an iPad or iPad Pro is to use remote access to the desktop (which is required anyway). I use Splashtop, but other remote apps are available. Once setup, this is the quickest and easiest methods to use Quicken when away.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2