Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Reports (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Current vs Average Spending reports

The "compare to" date ranges for this report (for both "by Category" and "by Payee" versions) is limited to last 3, 6 or 12 months. It would be nice to be able to select any date range for this instead of just the 3 options available. I'd like to be able to go back to historical records and compare for example, my expenses in May 2019 to the average of February, March, and April 2019. Why is the "compare to" date range just for the LAST 3, 6 or 9 months?
Tagged:
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The "compare to" pull down menu changes depending on what you select in the Date range pull down menu.  For instance if you select Last 12 Months you will get Last year, Last 3 years, Last 5 years.  I think the point here is that you want the date ranges to be in increments of the select date range.

When I selected custom and a month I got all of these.

(I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the request is not so much to set the span of the selected date range as to be able to set the ending date of the comparison range. So if it now October and he has set a custom date range of May 1 to May 31, he would like to be able to compare that to the previous 3 months, not July, August, and September as it is with "Last 3 months"

I think the general case is if the ending date of the Date range is not today, there should be an option to compare to the previous n weeks/months/quarters/years
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • Trev752Trev752 Member
    It would also be a nice feature to be able to compare Monthly expenses from one year to those of the same month from previous year. Presently I export the report to excel and edit it from there but its a long procedure. So such a feature would be welcomed I believe.