Home Before you Buy
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken Purchased Thru Amazon

jfclaguejfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
If I was to purchase two subscriptions thru Amazon, would that extend my Quicken Plan end date out two years?

Thanks, Jim

Best Answer

• Quicken HughQuicken Hugh Alumni mod
    edited October 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hello @jfclague,
    Great question, but for the scenario you described, the short answer is sorry, no, that wont work.

The retail partners (CostCo, Best Buy, Amazon et al) do offer some great deals at different times. The exact offer made at a specific time will vary. As well, Quicken.com also has some great deals, and emails from Quicken might contain a particularly alluring offer (which also vary).

No authorized product offering will ever be priced higher than the full prices as seen on Quicken.com/compare, but you may well find a valid discount price offer. (There have been reported cases of scammers allegedly selling "five year" or "lifetime" subscriptions to Quicken; there is no such thing. That is bogus.)

If you have any questions as to the validity of a discount offer, please contact support directly. We will always be happy to help you make an informed decision.

Answers

• Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Well I believe you can only apply a purchase to extend the subscription within the 60  90 days of the subscription ending, and only one of them. And for recent purchases I believe that the activation code is good for a year.  So at best it would be "close", and maybe even fail if you waited too long on the second activation.

But Amazon also sells two year subscriptions so that would be the better way to go.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.  I just looked on Amazon and it looks like Quicken Inc decided not to offer the two year subscription any more.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Quicken HughQuicken Hugh Alumni mod
    edited October 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hello @jfclague,
    Great question, but for the scenario you described, the short answer is sorry, no, that wont work.

The retail partners (CostCo, Best Buy, Amazon et al) do offer some great deals at different times. The exact offer made at a specific time will vary. As well, Quicken.com also has some great deals, and emails from Quicken might contain a particularly alluring offer (which also vary).

No authorized product offering will ever be priced higher than the full prices as seen on Quicken.com/compare, but you may well find a valid discount price offer. (There have been reported cases of scammers allegedly selling "five year" or "lifetime" subscriptions to Quicken; there is no such thing. That is bogus.)

If you have any questions as to the validity of a discount offer, please contact support directly. We will always be happy to help you make an informed decision.
This discussion has been closed.