Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

PNC online update getting cc-508 error. Issue started 10/26/2020.

Quicken fix for cc-508 error not helpful. PNC has asked for pop-up security answer for over a year and until now it has not affected the download capability of Quicken.

Best Answers

Answers

• garylwilliams
    garylwilliams Member ✭✭
    Quicken fix for cc-508 error not helpful. PNC has asked for pop-up security answer for over a year and until now it has not affected the download capability of Quicken.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @garylwilliams,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, I recommend that you clear cookies/cache and browsing history from the Control Panel settings. Please, follow the steps below.
    1. Open Control Panel
    2. Network and Internet
    3. Delete Browsing History and Cookies

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • garylwilliams
    garylwilliams Member ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    I obviously tried that solution before I ever entered an error complaint. And it obviously didn’t work.
    [removed-rant/disruptive]
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have been using Quicken with PNC for years. Never had a problem until now.
    Now when I try to log on to PNC I get all kinds of weird messages I have never gotten before. Asking to entering passcodes and answering something on the PNC site. I have a setup for 2 people. Each has 3-4 PNC accounts each. 
    Clearing history and cookies doesn't help.

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just talked to PNC Bank and they are aware of the situation and say it is Quicken that has the problem, not PNC.
  • ericgatesod
    ericgatesod Unconfirmed, Member
    edited October 2020
    What is the status of the PNC online banking issues...been persistent for 4 days now with no answers in sight? What is the delay?
  • jrluick
    jrluick Member
    Agreed...initially said wait 24 hours.. way past that now
  • garylwilliams
    garylwilliams Member ✭✭
    Doesn't surprise me; Thanx .
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been using Quicken with PNC for years. Never had a problem until now.
    Now when I try to log on to PNC I get all kinds of weird messages I have never gotten before. Asking to entering passcodes and answering something on the PNC site. I have a setup for 2 people. Each has 3-4 PNC accounts each. 
    Clearing history and cookies doesn't help.

Hi @Spotteddog ,

What browser are you using to access PNC Bank?

I was using Waterfox 64-Bit Browser, which PNC Bank now has blocked.

Then I tried Google Chrome 64-Bit Browser and I was able to log into PNC Bank without any problems, whatsoever.

I am using PNC Bank-Direct Connect without any problems, whatsoever.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R32.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21359.1
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.928

Note: Holding Down the Left Shift Key or Left Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when click About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    I've been using Firefox with all my PNC accounts for 7 years. But I don't update through the browser. I update with Quicken.
    I've had trouble with other banks, but that was always resolved in 24 hours. Never had a problem with PNC until now. Always use Express Web Connect. With all the different accounts/users I have, I would rather not use Direct Connect.
  • I use quicken connect and am having the same problem. Started on 10/26/2020. Before that there were no issues. Only have an issue with PNC.
  • :/ Same issue here.
  • pcgilpin
    pcgilpin Member
    Problems connecting to PNC with Quicken for a week now. None of the fixes work. I've received all the errors mentioned here and now a new error: CC-555.
    What is being done to fix this and when will it be fixed?
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe it's taking all this time to fix this. It's Friday and if they don't fix this today, It won't be until next week sometime. That's just not right.
    My previous experience with Quicken and problems like this is that they don't take it seriously for the first week or 2, then they start looking into it after enough people complain. 
  • This is a serious situation. Taking over a week to address this problem is pitiful.
    I would have expected better from Quicken, who wants us to trust them with our finances.
  • garylwilliams
    garylwilliams Member ✭✭
    The real question is whether anybody is monitoring these comments or not??
  • Just an FYI. My system was working fine with PNC until a week or two ago (approx 10/15/2020) when it started asking me for a 2FA code which I got by having Quicken text me the code (only option), hasn't worked ever since. I deactivated transaction download for my PNC accounts and then tried re-activating them. Now even the activation process does not work..
  • BruceH
    BruceH Member ✭✭
    I have been using the PNC website and selecting "Export > Quicken (.QFX)" to keep my accounts updated until this problem is resolved.
  • gmajudy17
    gmajudy17 Member
    > @"[email protected]" said:
    > I deactivated transaction download for my PNC accounts and then tried re-activating them. Now even the activation process does not work..
    I have the same problem. Deactivated the accounts to try to reset, now it gives me error cc-503 when I log in with the same uname and pw that gets me into the bank site.
  • Herrick Inman
    Herrick Inman Member ✭✭✭
    I deactivated PNC Bank - Web Connect in Quicken because it wasn't updating. Now I can't reactivate it. "Activate One Step Update" returns error code CC-508.

(I can l log into my PNC Bank online account using the same UID and password I used in Quicken to try to activate PNC Web - Connect.)
  • Herrick Inman
    Herrick Inman Member ✭✭✭
    "PNC Bank - Web Connect" is the name of the my financial institution in Quicken's list of financial institutions." Presumably Quicken uses whatever connection method is appropriate for that financial institution.

When I select "Set up online," Quicken displays an "Activate One Step Update" form that prompts me for my "PNC Bank - Web Connect" User ID/User Name and password.

I am not given a choice of connection methods. The top of the form displays "PNC Bank - Web Connect."
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Herrick Inman

Are you a Mac user?  If so, that makes sense. 

Which type or types of accounts - bank accounts, credit cards, loans, all of the above?

You should review the guidance located at this LINK for more information and a potential fix.  Quicken has an on-going escalation ticket on this, so it may take a few more days before it will be restored.

Let me know if you have any follow-ups.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's another link to information on this PNC matter - LINK.  I suggest that you bookmark this one so that you'll be notified what it has been fixed.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Herrick Inman
    Herrick Inman Member ✭✭✭
    I'm running Quicken under Windows 10. For over a year I had been using Quicken to perform one-step-updates from checking, savings and credit card accounts with PNC Bank. I closed the checking and savings accounts but I still have the credit card account. When Quicken one-step-update recently stopped downloading transactions (with no error code), I Reset the account. Reset completed without error, but one-step-update still downloaded nothing. So I deactivated the account with the intent to reactivate it. But when I try do "Set up online" to activate the account, I get error code CC-508 when I enter my user id and password. CC-508 is not mentioned in the link you provided.
  • Matt Carol
    Matt Carol Member ✭✭
    Same experience as above . Using Quicken Windows 10. PNC Checking account updates stopped working about a week ago. After resetting the account, I still got the error during update. I have since deactivated the account and upon trying to reactivate, I get the error CC-508 every time I try. I am able to log in my PNC account manually, with no pop ups and manually export my recent transactions into Quicken.
  • Matt Carol
    Matt Carol Member ✭✭
    Hi @Frankx

I tried the above link. Deleted temp. internet files before signing into my PNC account.

I was able to sign into my PNC account without any extra webpages or steps. I also am able to export transactions from PNC into Quicken.

I then tried to reactivate my PNC account within Quicken. I am still getting the same error CC-508.

Looks like I may have to wait till this gets resolved by Quicken and or PNC.

Thank again!

Matt