Discover quickpay failed claiming website is down, when Discover website is working

I really wish that quicken support had a way to contact them other than by phone. I simply wish to report a problem but not be on hold forever. The new Quicken billpay is not working. You need to allow more than 6 manual check pay a month to be equivalent to your old service. At this point, I'm having to make manual payments online to my various credit card companies then adding it to my quicken database. There are other checkbook software for much less or free where I could do the same thing, but your current product is not worth the cost unless you go back to to processing payments as was the process before this summer's change. I have been a quicken user since the early days of Checkfree in the 1990's. As one of your long time customers, please fix the billpay method where I can simply make check pay payments.

Answers

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Hello @gst,
    Thank you for posting about your concerns. Let's try to help you:

"I really wish that quicken support had a way to contact them other than by phone. I simply wish to report a problem..."

Help > Report a problem would be one way to report a problem without having to call and wait for a representative be become available to discus your exact concern. Or you could contact support via Chat

"...I'm having to make manual payments online to my various credit card companies then adding it to my quicken database."
    From what you have written, it seems as though you could add and enable your credit card companies in Quicken Bill Manger as Online Billers, then pay the bill(s) via Quick Pay. Perhaps reviewing each step and confirming that you have fully transitioned to the Quicken Bill Manager will help you better utilize the current system to your full and best advantage.

"...
    unless you go back to to processing payments as was the process before this summer's change."
    Sorry, Metavante, the back-end vendor of the old Quicken Bill Pay service, has flat-out ended the old QBP service. 

Sorry, "processing payments as was the process before" is no longer available. Quicken Bill Manager uses Online Billers via Quick Pay, and paper checks mailed out to US addresses via Check Pay. The Quicken Bill Manager processes are different than "the process before". If you would like help transitioning from the old QBP to the current Quicken Bill Manager, you are welcome to contact support directly.

"[W]here I can simply make check pay payments."
    You can do that now: Quicken Bill Manager: How To Make Payments Using Quick Pay and Check Pay
  • gst
    gst Member
    I have tried it and it doesn't work well. Please increase the manual check pay to 12 per month and I'll be happy.
This discussion has been closed.