Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Vystar OL-293-A started this morning. Anyone else?

On 10/28/2020 this morning, I started getting a OL-293-A error during Quicken download from Vystar.
I was able to download every morning for months and last night.
Is anyone else getting this problem?
Quicken Deluxe Subscription; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Best Answer

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Update: 10/29/2020
    I changed all my Vystar account connections to Web Connect and downloaded transactions manually.
    After the last download, Quicken popped up a window saying that there was a better connection and gave a choice to Activate or stay with the manual process.
    I chose Activate and Quicken brought up the Vystar login popup.  I logged in and Quicken located my Vystar accounts and linked them to my Quicken accounts by default and proceeded to establish Direct Connect.
    I did an OSU and the Direct Connection worked.  I exited Quicken and restarted Quicken and retried OSU and the Direct Connection worked.  So, for me, it looks like the problem is resolved.  Vystar is aware that some folks were experiencing a problem.
    I don't know if it resolved for everyone or the process of using Web Connect helped fix the problem.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @leishirsute,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue here in the Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Our teams are aware of this issue and are currently investigating it. In the meantime, we ask that you please try deactivating and reactivating the account(s) in an attempt to restore the connection.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    @quicken_Anja,
    Thank you for confirming that an issue exists.  I will attempt to remedy by deactivating/reactivating  and post an update.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    @Quicken_Anja,
    I performed a deactivate and reactivate my Vystar account connections in Quicken.
    I logged onto Vystar successfully, Quicken promptly brought up my Vystar accounts and had them already linked to the correct corresponding Quicken accounts.  However, when I proceeded to add the accounts into Quicken, Quicken reported the following after about a minute of trying to add the accounts:
    "Sorry, We encountered an error. (It's not your fault)"
    I had the option to enter transactions manually or Try again now.
    I tried again.
    Quicken got stuck in Adding Accounts. It never timed out or gave an error.
    I finally "X"'d out of the addition.
    So apparently, deactivate/activate did not fix the problem.

Quicken showed that the online connection was established when I checked the account online status.
    However, when I tried downloading the transactions, Quicken reported OL-292-B

Any suggestions?

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    I called Vystar Online support and they noted that they are aware of the problem also.
    Hoping for a speedy resolution.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    My friend's Quicken is downloading without problems, but about 5 months ago he changed the connection type from Direct Connect to EWC (since he didn't write checks from Quicken ).  HOw do I change my connection type from Direct Connect to EWC for Vystar?  I will eventually change back to Direct Connect once the OL-293-A problem for Direct Connect is fixed since I write checks from Quicken.

Please advise
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for your response.

To change the connection method from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect, you will need to deactivate and reactivate the account again. However, upon reactivating, once you receive the sign-in screen, you will need to click on Advanced Options in the bottom-left corner next to the Cancel button (see below).

The next screen will give you the option to choose which connection method you would like to connect with.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Some feedback.  The Advanced Options button only shows up for the Add Account selection.  Not for the Set up Now option.  Then I am able to select Express Web Connect.  However, it did not work.  It just keeps coming back to the account login screen after entering the username and password.  Oh well.  I guess I'm going to have to wait until the Direct Connect is fixed.  It looks like Vystar is not accepting the EWC setup.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @leishirsute

To change the connection method to Direct Connect, I would recommend opening the Tools menu and selecting the Account List option.

In the Account List window, click the edit button to the right of the account name and select the middle "Online Services" tab in the Account Details window that opens.

Close to the middle of the Online Services window should be a hyperlink that says "Improve Connection Method".  Click there and follow the prompts, once finished you should be all set for downloading with Direct Connect, but please let us know if you encounter any further issues.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    As you noted earlier, Vystar Direct Connect is currently broken.  So I was trying to change the connection method to EWC, because EWC seems to be working for a friend's Quicken.  But changing to EWC connection method did not work, as Quicken just keeps reshowing the account login screen when EWC was selected as the connection method.

When I deactivated and reactivated my Vystar accounts, Quicken set them up as Direct Connect, but gave the error "Sorry, We encountered an error. (It's not your fault)"
    So back to the original problem that Quicken is reporting an OL-293-A error when trying to download transactions from Vystar via Direct Connect.
    Is there an estimate when Vystar Direct Connect will be working again? Tommorow? In a week?  ??

Thanks

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @leishirsute

My apologies for the confusion.  Following the same steps above will also switch a Direct Connect connected account to the Express Web Connect (EWC) connection method.

Hope this helps,

Sarah
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    From the Account List, the Vystar accounts now have Direct Connect status  and there is no hyperlink to change the connection method to EWC.
    Please clarify.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Hello @leishirsute,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue here in the Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Our teams are aware of this issue and are currently investigating it. In the meantime, we ask that you please try deactivating and reactivating the account(s) in an attempt to restore the connection.

Thank you!
    Shouldn’t there be an alert on this community board for this problem so that we can know when it has been resolved? Deactivate and reactivate did not resolve the issue. 
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Update: 10/29/2020
    I changed all my Vystar account connections to Web Connect and downloaded transactions manually.
    After the last download, Quicken popped up a window saying that there was a better connection and gave a choice to Activate or stay with the manual process.
    I chose Activate and Quicken brought up the Vystar login popup.  I logged in and Quicken located my Vystar accounts and linked them to my Quicken accounts by default and proceeded to establish Direct Connect.
    I did an OSU and the Direct Connection worked.  I exited Quicken and restarted Quicken and retried OSU and the Direct Connection worked.  So, for me, it looks like the problem is resolved.  Vystar is aware that some folks were experiencing a problem.
    I don't know if it resolved for everyone or the process of using Web Connect helped fix the problem.
  • foleyman13
    foleyman13 Windows Beta Beta
    still cannot download anyone get this fixed yet
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    still cannot download anyone get this fixed yet
    This was fixed for me.  I had to speak to Vystar support. They advised I submit a problem report to Quicken while Vystar support also looked at the problem.  They noted that they may need Quicken's help to diagnose. I submitted a problem report to QUicken and the problem was resolved in about a day. Vystar said that several people reported this problem but not everyone had the problem that used Quicken. You may want to submit a problem report to Quicken.
  • foleyman13
    where did u submit to quicken i only see online chat
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    where did u submit to quicken i only see online chat
    Inside the Quicken program under Help, there is a "Report a Problem" selection.
  • foleyman13
    any updates on this WHY ARE WE PAYING QUICKEN FOR PRODUCTS THAT DONT WORK

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please check this for possible temporary workaround:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20133424#Comment_20133424

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    any updates on this WHY ARE WE PAYING QUICKEN FOR PRODUCTS THAT DONT WORK

According to Vystar support, Vystar updated their server that runs Quicken software and that's when the problem started.  Quicken support is working with Vystar to resolve.