iPhone app not updated transactions or bills due for months now

redgar
redgar Member ✭✭
My account balances are correct. I have tried logging out and in, stop sync, starting sync, reseting cloud account and all do the same. This has been for months and I have taken all app updates including deleting and reinstalling and still no transactions.

Repeated mail to Feedback on the app go unanswered.

Desktop client is macOS 10.15.6
Version 5.18.2 (Build 518.35919.100)

Please help.
Edgar

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @redgar

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering if we may need to delete the dataset we're in so we're able to create a a mobile save from scratch.

To do this we'll need to create a separate file first. Across the top select file > new. You can name it whatever you would like and we'll also opt to not use mobile and web. Once done it will ask you to add accounts but you can close out of the screen. Next we'll want to go across the tops to quicken > preferences > Connect services. From here you should see a cloud account button in the middle. Once opening that we're going to want to to click on our original cloud account file name and in the bottom left click the - on the page. Once you've deleted the original we can then click close and also close the connected services box. We'll then switch back to our original file by going to file > recent to select our original file.

From here we'll then need to sign out and sign back in. You should be able to do this going across the top to quicken > Sign out and then following the prompt to sign back in. This will help us create a new cloud file. Last thing is we'll want to reset the cloud which we can do by selecting Quicken > Preferences > connected services > reset.

Once we've done this ideally if we look at the mobile app we should be seeing those transactions. Double check to see if we're able to and then let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• redgar
    redgar Member ✭✭
    Thank you for you suggestion Francisco.
    Sadly this did not work. Deleted all. Reset. Even assigned a new name and I can see the new name in iPhone app.

Same issue, balances look right, no bills and income for next 7 days (not true), no recent transactions (not true), no Trending Categories (not true) no spending over time (not true), no net income for the month, (not true), no November Summary (not true).

I have many Movement income and expense entries recorded on the Mac

Please advise next action
  • Quicken Francisco
    @redgar

Thanks for the update. It sounds like we may need to take a look at the logs in this case. If you could go across the top of quicken to Help > report a problem. In the report please put in the subject line Attn: Francisco. Once we get a chance to see the file we'll take a look at the logs. Make sure to also include any logs files. (They should all be selected by default) 

Another thing is could you check on the quicken on the web application as well to see if we're having similar issues. You can do so by going to quicken.com then hovering over sign in and selecting Quicken on the web.  

Once you have a chance let us know some more details and we'll see what we find!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• redgar
    redgar Member ✭✭
    Thank you. logs are on the way. I could not put in a subject that I could see but put attn Franisco in the beginning of the text.

I did look on quicken on the web (did not know that was there) and it does show everything correctly on the web, just not on my iPhone.

Thanks.

Edgar
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hi Edgar (@redgar)

Thank you very much for submitting the requested log files and confirming that the information does show correctly in the Quicken on the Web app.

We have received the report a problem submission and are performing a deep dive review of the included information and will be back in contact once we've gone through everything.

Thank you again,

Sarah
  • Quicken Francisco
    @redgar

Thanks for the update and the new info. It is quite odd that the web application is showing correctly but not the phone. I have one more thing to try here to see if we're able to get them while we're still looking at logs. I'd like to delete the application then perform a soft reset so that any saved data on the phone should get deleted from the app.  I'll list steps below. 

1. Delete the application from your iphone. 
    2. We'll perform a soft reset. (This is different from using the slider to turn off the phone) If you know how to do this go ahead but if you're unsure  please let me know what phone you're using as it varies phone by phone. 
    3. Once the phone is back up and running download quicken again
    4. Sign in and check to see if the issue still persists

Once you've done this let us know if it we're still seeing the same thing. We're still looking through the logs so we'll let you know if we find anything there. Also like I said above if you're unsure how to do the soft restart let us know your phone model and we'll provide instructions on how to do so. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • redgar
    redgar Member ✭✭
    Are you talking about reset network settings? Please provide steps as I do not see a soft reset option.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @redgar

We do not want to reset the network settings. In order to provide steps on how to do the soft reset we'll need to know which version of Iphone you're using (6,8,11, Etc) so that we're able to provide accurate steps for the specific version. If you're unsure I believe you can find this in settings > General > About. There will be a line to tell you what model of iPhone you're using. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • redgar
    redgar Member ✭✭
    Xs Max running iOS 14.2
  • Quicken Francisco
    @redgar

Thanks for the info! Here's a video on the Iphone X which is a different but very similar model so we'll be able to reset it in the exact same way. 

Once you've done this and get a chance let us know if we were able to get the bills working. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • redgar
    redgar Member ✭✭
    Thanks for finding that.
    I have deleted app, did soft reset as requested and then reinstalled.
    Result is sadly the same, No Bills & Income, no recent transactions, no trending, no spending over time, no Net income for the month, no November Summary.

Only the balances show and they are correct.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @redgar

Thank you for trying those steps, although I'm sorry to hear that this issue is persisting.

May I ask, do you have a VPN or an antivirus/security app installed on the iPhone?

If so, was this recently installed or updated?  If you pause the antivirus/security app or turn off the VPN and refresh the mobile app - does any of the missing data appear?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • redgar
    redgar Member ✭✭
    No vpn and no antivirus.
    Please advise next step
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @redgar

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • redgar
    redgar Member ✭✭
    I thought this was support.

I have tried other avenues and I either get ignored or I get asked a couple questions and then get ignored.

Sad.