Home Before you Buy
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken Deluxe (I just bought) am I ABLE to use this offline after subscription expires?

i bught quicken deluxe. i read that quicken starter becomes read-only after subscription expires. BUT, was not clear on quicken deluxe. AM I ABLE to continue to use quicken deluxe, offline, on desktop, after subscription expires? I mainly just do checkbook balancing with this. thanks

Best Answers

Answers

• tom, greg, thanks for reply. I am slightly confused, just for clarification - does the ad interfere with me being able to fully use the program (enter transactions, see the categories, etc). in other words, does it just schrunch up some usable lists, or DOES IT ACTUALLY BLOCK visible usable data, making such data "MISSING" on the screen? thanks
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    See the picture in the first post by smayer97 in the thread I posted. You can still use the program but there's a banner across the top and there's a reminder on the right side.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • greg, thanks for reply.
    i'm 66, with trifocals, and blurred vision :-) i looked at tha t image, but i can't tell what is present vs what is missing, if the "WHAT IS MISSING/BLOCKED" section has any critical operational screens it; if anyone else can expound on that, as to what is BLOCKED, or else it it just rearranged/schrunched? thanks
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    The other sections on the screen are made smaller so that the nag panel can be shown.  You can still see everything, just not as much of it.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Here is a larger picture.  You can right click on it and open it in another tab to see it full size.

(I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • splasher, and all - thanks for replies. I can LIVE with smaller working screen, as long as all realestate is there, because i'm switching frmo QUICKBOOKS, they have increased that price to $399.00 for standalone, i am retired, i don't have my business any more, i stuck with quickbooks because i was familiar with it, but all i need is a glorified check ledger to categorize stuff for taxes, and print occasional checks. these companies are pricing themselves out of the market. i don't need ongoing subscripton, i just need to update every 2 or 3 years to keep security updtaes, etc. angan, thanks to all
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note that if you can somehow find an older version like Quicken 2017 or below that would be before the subscription and wouldn't have this space taken up.

Actually since you are coming from QuickBooks and you can't transfer your data to it, and you want manual entry, you should be able to get by with Quicken 2013, which you can use for free.  Expand the section in this article about converting from Quicken 2004 to 2009.
    Convert Data From an Earlier Version of Quicken (When to Use an Intermediate Version)
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • KickersRejoinHispowKickersRejoinHispow Member
    edited November 2020
    thanks for replly.
    i'm going to try the 2020 quicken or whatever i bought, and then just keep it as not subscription. i still have [removed - solicitation] installed, and what i do yearly is create an excel report with the general ledger, the transacction detail, and a couple othrs, and do them for the whole calendar y ear, so i have data that i can recreate if needed, for taxes, etc, even if [removed - solicitation] disappeared. going forward, i am starting to enter data now, will run quicken and [removed - solicitation] parallel for 2 months, and then can start with quicken itself on january 2021.
This discussion has been closed.