Home Current Online Banking Issues
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why are there still issues with Synchrony Banks web site?

I now have 2 Credit card bills with Synchrony Bank that can't be paid from Quicken. One was paid by Quick Pay on Oct 9 and when I attempted to refresh bill I'm told "The biller's web site is not accessible at this time. Please try again later". Today I attempted to refresh bill for the 2nd Synchrony bill which was previously paid by Quick Pay on Oct 21st. Same error message. I previously had to delete Best Buy as a biller in Quicken Bill Pay because the problem was never resolved after months. Looks like Synchrony Bank is joining the list

The concept behind Quicken Bill Pay is fantastic but realistically the reliability of the service is extremely questionable and it may be time for me to convert to another service.

Comments

• Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Kerry Lawson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I took the liberty of reviewing the Synchrony's online biller you added to your account. Upon my review, I discovered that there is a server outage that's blocking the connection between the biller website and Quicken. Therefore, I went ahead and reported this for escalation.

Please, wait at least 48 hours and then try connecting again, thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Kerry LawsonKerry Lawson Windows Beta Beta
    Thank you, your assistance is appreciated. However, when I reported Best Buy it was 'escalated' and 2 months later I deleted Best Buy as a biller because I continued to get the same error. Maybe something will be different this time.
    Thanks again!
  • Kerry LawsonKerry Lawson Windows Beta Beta
    It is now 11/5 and synchrony Bank still cannot be used. What is the next step?
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Kerry Lawson

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

The message from our service providers has not changed and the issue is still ongoing.

There is still an Outage for Synchrony Bank, as well as Best Buy. There is no ETA that I am able to offer at this time, I apologize.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~