Problems with Reconciliation

I have noticed as of last Saturday, any transaction after 10/31 do not appear when I attempt to reconcile the account. Any transaction entered since 10/31 will not show up on the reconcile page. If I change the date of those transaction in my register to 10/30, they show up just fine. As far as I can tell, this is happening only on 2 accounts, both of which are accounts with the same bank.

What on earth could be going on?

Thanks,
Rob

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the Reconcile Statement End Date that you entered? 10/30, 10/31 or 11/1?
    Future dated transactions beyond the Statement End Date are never part of Reconcile. They can't have occurred yet.

• Muzicman61
    Muzicman61 Member ✭✭
    @UKR The account is set to "Reconcile using online balance" so I do not enter a reconcile date. Should it not use the current date?

@Sherlock There is no posting date on these transactions yet. And they haven't downloaded from my bank so their would be no downloaded date.

Thank you both.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @UKR The account is set to "Reconcile using online balance" so I do not enter a reconcile date. Should it not use the current date?

@Sherlock There is no posting date on these transactions yet. And they haven't downloaded from my bank so their would be no downloaded date.

Thank you both.
    When we Reconcile using the online balance, Quicken uses the date of the online balance as the statement ending date - not the current date.
  • Muzicman61
    Muzicman61 Member ✭✭
    Thanks. It appears there may have been an issue with my bank. Today it finally downloaded about 8 transactions from over the weekend and everything seems back to normal.
This discussion has been closed.