Error message: Quicken cannot process the selected data range. Please try with a shorter date range

I get this message when trying to reconcile an account which is manually updated (no download of investment transactions). I ignore and Click through it, and it seems ok, but get this error message each time I select a transaction to be deemed reconciled. I'm only looking at a month of transactions at a time, approx 20 per reconcile. Entire Account has approx 100 transactions. Entire file size is approx 250MB, and my computer has 16Gb of RAM and virtually no other programs are open. What does the message mean, and what should I do?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Kirk McKinney,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    To start with, I suggest you try to validate your data file by following the steps below--
    1. First Save a backup of your data file (just in case
    2. Go to File
    3. File Operations
    4. Validate and Repair
    5. Validate File
    6. Ok
    7. Close the data log that will pop-up after the validation has completed
    8. Close Quicken
    9. Wait at least 5 seconds
    10. Reopen Quicken
    11. Try again to see if the issue reoccurs/remains the same or gets corrected
    You can also try super validating which are the same steps as above except that you will hold Ctrl and Shift on your keyboard when clicking on Validate and Repair in order to get the option for Super Validate.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Running 29.22, Build 27.1.29.22

I had done the validation before asking the question -- sorry I forgot to mention that.

I have substantially reduced my file size by archiving one of my most active investment accounts, now down to approx 180Mb.

Please keep this ticket open; I will update you

Thanks

k
    PS, your email response suggested I "Reply to this email directly or follow the link below....." The reply email got bounced; maybe you want to update your forms