Account no longer updating or getting transactions [from PayPal]

Options
GoSlow2GoFast
GoSlow2GoFast Member ✭✭
Using Quicken version R29.22, build 27.1.29.22. I have a couple of accounts (of about a dozen total) that have stopped downloading transactions via Online Services. They used to, but seem to have gotten "broken" along the way, even though I didn't make any changes to them (but have installed a number of releases naturally). Comparing their setup to similar working accounts it looks the same, and if I do a Reset it will download the new transactions as part of that process, but afterwards it still won't allow it to download them, either if I manually do Update Now, or including them in my daily Scheduled Update. If I try to do Update now I get the second image below, it won't even provide a checkbox for the account. Any thoughts on how to correct this, I'd really like to not have to delete the account and re add it, and lose history.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @GoSlow2GoFast

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It's odd that you weren't able to bring in your paypal. I've been trying on my side but I've haven't seen any issues pop up. I think in this case it'd be best to contact  Quicken Support via phone so we're able to take a look at logs to see what exactly is happening. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @GoSlow2GoFast - Quicken has been implementing a new connection channel (basically, a new routing) and gradually migrating users to it.  It sounds like maybe you might have been migrated recently because the issues you describe are similar to what some others (including me) have reported.
    It has been suggested that to fix the issue with the 2 accounts you reference:
    1)  Backup your data file in case something goes wrong or you don't like the results.
    2)  Deactivate the 2 accounts in question and then Reactivate (via Set up Now) them. 
    • During the setup process Quicken might prompt you to Add, Link or Ignore the imported data.  Be sure to select Link and also select the appropriate account in Quicken to be linked to. 
    • Also, Quicken might import transactions that are duplicates of what is already entered into your register.  These duplicates will need to be manually deleted.  If this happens it should be a 1X occurrence. 
    Regarding the blank Update Now popup:  I still get that once in a while.  Not sure why it happens.  But I have found that if I "Cancel" the popup and then do Update Now again it usually completes properly.  (On rare occasion I might need to "Cancel" and Update Now 2-3 times but not usually.)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• GoSlow2GoFast
    Options
    Unfortunately Deactivating and reactivating didn't fix the problem. It does refresh the transactions pulling down any outstanding ones, but after that it still won't get any transaction as part of One Step Updates or Scheduled Updates.

I even deleted the accounts and then recreated them, but still no luck. I suspect there is something stored on the Quicken servers that handle the interfaces with institutions that doesn't get cleared, and has some bad info in it causing the problem. Seems to me I read some posts on these forums indicating that there is info cached there and there is no way for the end user to affect / reset / clear that.

So it appears I'm just stuck with these not working. Frustrating from an application I pay a non trivial fee for, but not sure there are better options...
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @GoSlow2GoFast

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It's odd that you weren't able to bring in your paypal. I've been trying on my side but I've haven't seen any issues pop up. I think in this case it'd be best to contact  Quicken Support via phone so we're able to take a look at logs to see what exactly is happening. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

This discussion has been closed.