Override high DPI scaling behavior, scaling performed by Application

My Windows 10 display resolution on my only monitor is 3840x2160 (UHD). Quicken appears blurry. So I right click on the Quicken shortcut and chose "Override high DPI scaling behavior, scaling performed by Application" (per instructions at https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-adjust-high-dpi-scaling-in-windows-10/#:~:text=For earlier Windows systems, right,high DPI scaling behavior box. )

The display is sharp now but the search boxes are partially hidden. (see attached). Please help. Thanks.
Refugee from Microsoft Money. Now resident of the latest Quicken Premier for Windows.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    The search boxes being not tall enough is a bug which was reported when it first appeared months ago. So far, Quicken has refused to acknowledge it is a bug and has put no effort into fixing it (as far as I know).
    I think you'll find that the search boxes look fine if you set your Windows scaling to 100%. This is what Quicken says you should do. It doesn't bother them that everything else on your screen is now tiny. Quicken apparently feels they don't need to support every possible screen scaling a user might have and that 100% is all they'll support. Perhaps they don't realize there are only about 4 such scalings that Windows offers and that scalings like 125% and 150% are in very common use.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • WindowFinance
    WindowFinance Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Thanks @Rocket J Squirrel for the info. It sounds like solving this display issue is too much to ask of the Quicken company, which does set a low expectation of quality. Too bad, we do not have alternatives in the market. [Removed-No Soliciting]
    Refugee from Microsoft Money. Now resident of the latest Quicken Premier for Windows.
This discussion has been closed.