Paycheck entry Check # keeps corrupting

I set my Paycheck entries to DirectDep. When I re-open the file, DirDúÿÿÿ appears instead. Originally, I was using "Direct Deposit" and when that kept corrupting, I switched all of them (hundreds) to DirectDep. And yet, I'm still getting them changed to DirDúÿÿÿ.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @TechScribe

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Please take a moment and review the information available here, and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

Please also let us know what, if any, troubleshooting steps you may have already tried, such as performing a Validate & Repair on the Quicken data file. Please also let us know if the computer language and region settings are set to the US and English or a different language/region. 

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Sarah

• TechScribe
    TechScribe Windows Beta
    Quicken Premier
    Year: 2020
    Version R29.22
    Build: 27.1.29.22

Yes, I've done Validate & Repair repeatedly. I've found that V&R has no affect on this or a long growing list of never-addressed Quicken issues (like Paycheck splits showing blank).

Computer Summary
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.50GHz
    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 655MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z87-PRO (SOCKET 1150)
    Graphics
    DELL U2719D ([email protected])
    DELL U2719D ([email protected])
    Intel HD Graphics 4600 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
    Storage
    238GB Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series (SATA (SSD))
    931GB Western Digital WDC WD1003FZEX-00MK2A0 (SATA )
    Optical Drives
    ATAPI iHBS112 2
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Language
    en_US
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @TechScribe

Thank you for the response and for providing more details.

Are you are storing the file on a cloud or network drive? Storing the file in a cloud drive can cause the issues you have described.

To confirm the location of the data file, please see the steps and information to do are available here

This will help further isolate the cause of the issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • TechScribe
    TechScribe Windows Beta
    The file is and always has been for years saved on a local hard drive.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The file is and always has been for years saved on a local hard drive.

Yes, OK, but is this file or the folder it's located in accessed by OneDrive, Dropbox or any other cloud backup software while Quicken is running? That could cause damage to the file structure.

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Even if you have performed some of these tasks in the past, please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• TechScribe
    TechScribe Windows Beta
    If there were ongoing file structure issues, isn't is reasonable to expect that Quicken's own file validation tools would detect that (which it doesn't).
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there were ongoing file structure issues, isn't is reasonable to expect that Quicken's own file validation tools would detect that (which it doesn't).

Your word in the programmers' ears ...
    Some programmer needs to sit down and work out the what, where, why and how to fix it. Since you appear to be a Beta user, shouldn't you be bringing this issue up in your Beta discussion group? That might help get it fixed faster than here in the public community.