Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Stock Splits different than My Portfolio

:'( I have Quicken Canada subscription. I enter stock splits as they occur based on information from the company and the result agrees with my statements. Quicken tries to tell me to adjust my stock splits almost everytime I do an UpDate. The suggested stock splits are wrong and while I clear the check marks, they keep showing up. Is there a way to turn them off permanently? This is a real pain to see these pop up every time. The dialogue box implies that I can reject them, which I do, but it should be permanent, not a daily occurrence. This is a bug that existed years ago and is still not fixed. The HELP says that I can do stock splits manually or have Quicken do them but Quicken doesn't accept it when I do them myself.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Whirly

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

First, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are running.

May I ask that you please clarify, if you receiving an error message regarding the stock splits, or are these transactions that are being downloaded?

It may be helpful to include a screenshot of what you are seeing.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Whirly
    Whirly Member
    Thanks, Tyka, There is no bar above this comment box with the icon for attaching a picture as mentioned in your link. This is the screen I am constantly getting and the suggested splits are not accurate. There is no way to turn off the screen. I have to clear the entries first.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Whirly

I would next recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whirly said:
    :'( I have Quicken Canada subscription. I enter stock splits as they occur based on information from the company and the result agrees with my statements. Quicken tries to tell me to adjust my stock splits almost everytime I do an UpDate. The suggested stock splits are wrong and while I clear the check marks, they keep showing up. Is there a way to turn them off permanently? This is a real pain to see these pop up every time. The dialogue box implies that I can reject them, which I do, but it should be permanent, not a daily occurrence. This is a bug that existed years ago and is still not fixed. The HELP says that I can do stock splits manually or have Quicken do them but Quicken doesn't accept it when I do them myself.
    I think there is some magical sequence here, but I am not sure what it is.  I get those notices sometimes repetitive as you are citing (in US version).  

Between the options of checking and unchecking the suggested split, and clicking OK, Cancel, or the Red-X to close the window, something seems to make them not come back.  

Typically what I am seeing 'wrong' with the suggested splits is the date.  In such a case, I have at times accepted the suggestion, then adjusted my manual split to the suggested date, then changed the manual split back to the real date.  

It is a nuisance to deal with.  

Validate and Repair is not applicable for the problem I deal with.  
  • Whirly
    Whirly Member
    Tried validation. There were no errors except for some future dated entries (dividends). This is a continuing problem and while it seems minor, I get this for several accounts almost every day as I download stock quotes. I would hope that there was a permanent way to shut this down.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is (supposed to be) a way to make them stop.  May not be active in the Canadian version.  I'll try to ID the process next time this comes up for me.  IIRC, the US version now offers some instruction, but even that may be incomplete.    
This discussion has been closed.