PNC work around

For those still waiting for the PNC issue to be fixed. I took the advice of deactivating the service and reactivating the service and it worked very well. I am back up and running.

I did have an issue with reactivation. Quicken wanted me to use direct connect and my pin didn't work. I was able to bypass this using File -> New Quicken File -> New Quicken Account-> Search PNC Web Connect and have it find the accounts. I did each one individually (I have 8) as a precaution.

Hope this helps!

Comments

• selldan
    selldan Member ✭✭
    Followed your instructions and still getting the same error message when trying to search Web Connect.
  • jerry323
    jerry323 Member
    Followed your instructions for deactivate/reactivate - now I'm in even better shape - Can't reactivate. It will not allow reactivate - get error - Thanks. I'm hoping once you get it fixed I can reactivate.
  • bw2
    bw2 Member ✭✭
    Deactivating the service and reactivating the service worked well for me.
  • ToGo109
    ToGo109 Member ✭✭
    I, too, disconnected and activated the Web Connect to my PNC credit cards. I am getting downloads again. I am also getting dupes of already downloaded transactions. Delete button works but it's annoying, as has been this whole experience with Quicken/PNC integration.
  • Gatman
    Gatman Member
    I got tired of waiting for a resolution since it's been over two weeks now, so I deactivated and reactivated (I only have a checking account with PNC). Worked straight away and has been working for a couple days now, with no duplicate transactions. I figured it's not working currently, so what do I have to lose trying it? Obviously your mileage may vary.

~Gary
  • dougwowens
    dougwowens Member ✭✭
    I deactivated and reactivated and was able to connect to PNC without issue. I did get about 30 days worth of duplicate transactions in 3 of my 9 accounts. Additionally, many of my transfers from account to account were messed up. However, I'm back up and running (for now...).
  • toddyrn
    toddyrn Member ✭✭
    > @jerry323 said:
    > Followed your instructions for deactivate/reactivate - now I'm in even better shape - Can't reactivate. It will not allow reactivate - get error - Thanks. I'm hoping once you get it fixed I can reactivate.

Sarcasm? Or are you asking for my help? I'm sharing what worked for me. Sorry it didn't work for you. Good luck
  • 2lovehim
    2lovehim Member
    This has been going on for a month now. Deactivating and reactivating didn't work for me. A month seems like a long time to have an unresolved problem for a PAID SUBSCRIPTION service.
    Is there no Quicken Moderator that can offer some update or explanation for this delay?
  • Gumdoc
    Gumdoc Member ✭✭
    Since 11/10 there have been three Q updates, each one of which has resulted in changing my PNC checking account from direct connect to web connect which blows away direct download and online bill pay. The fix is to deactivate online services, create a new account and then link it to an existing account, in my case a checking account. This works just fine, but it is a PIA. Clearly, Quicken and PNC have to get this problem solved ASAP.
  • Thanks for the suggestion.. what do you mean by "create a new account"--mena a new PNC fake account? What is meant my link it?
  • Gumdoc
    Gumdoc Member ✭✭
    You first must deactivate online services on the effected account. Then click on create new account. Type in PNC and then look for the direct connect option. Click on that, type in the credentials asked for and when the next screen comes up you have the option to create new account, LINK to an existing account, or do no nothing for each of your accounts that show up. Just choose the link option for the one in question and choose do nothing for the others. Press okay and you should be good to go. Unfortunately, I have had to use this "fix" 4 times since 11/10. Quicken/PNC need to get this fixed!!!
  • Anyone have any suggestion how we can get Quicken to make this a priority?
  • selldan
    selldan Member ✭✭
    Add your mobile number to your PNC account profile. That solved the problem for many posters.
  • newittja
    newittja Member
    I just realized that I am having the issue with duplicated transactions. It seems PNC has changed their FITID method? Anyway, I tried disconnecting account and re-establishing Direct Connect as described above, but PNC now prompts me to change my PIN, but that doesn't work; after I change the PIN it says it doesn't recognize my account credentials. Is direct connect with PNC hosed?
  • toddyrn
    toddyrn Member ✭✭
    > @newittja said:
    > I just realized that I am having the issue with duplicated transactions. It seems PNC has changed their FITID method? Anyway, I tried disconnecting account and re-establishing Direct Connect as described above, but PNC now prompts me to change my PIN, but that doesn't work; after I change the PIN it says it doesn't recognize my account credentials. Is direct connect with PNC hosed?

I did not use direct connect.
This discussion has been closed.