suddenly have thousands of bogus bill pay remainders, amount zero

This morning I suddenly have thousands of bogus bill pay remainders, amount zero-- validating/repairing the file had no effect. Attempting to delete them results in a crash. Is this a known bug and if so is there a work-around?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @lrm

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would start by restoring a backup saved prior to this issue occurring.

The steps and information for storing a backup are available at the link below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Please let us know if this issue occurs in the backup file as well.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • lrm
    lrm Member
    Thanks for your response.

The same problem appears in the backup.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Are you using "cloud sync" to Mobile/Web?

If you are try this.
    Restore from the backup, and then turn off "cloud sync" on:
    Edit -> Preferences -> Mobile & Web

Note that this problem was reported in another thread, but by the time the person noticed it had been in his backups for quite some time, and as such he had to delete the reminders one at a time.

Also note that you are using "cloud sync" and you have this problem before you do such a sync or even One Step Update, the other possibility seems to be a bug in Online Bills/Quicken Bill Manager.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • lrm
    lrm Member
    When I go to "Edit -> Preferences -> Mobile & Web" I see only "We could not retrieve your cloud account information Please check your internet connection". My internet connection is fine.

I can't delete the reminders one at a time. First, there are thousands of them, and second, any attempt to delete results in an immediate crash.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.  Not good!

About the only things for the message you got, log out and in again with:
    Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts -> Sign in as a different user

Hopefully then you will be able to check the "Cloud Sync" setting.

Past that they only thing I can suggest is contact Quicken support:
    Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • lrm
    lrm Member
    I can't do that either: "We could not retrieve your Quicken profile information".
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Irm

Do you have any other backup files saved?  If so, go back further until you find one that doesn't exhibit the problem.  Also, which version of Quicken are you on (go to Help > About Quicken ) and let us know.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • lrm
    lrm Member
    edited November 2020
    Version is R29.22

Earlier backups hang, with a pop-up that says "enter Quicken ID password" but with no box to enter anything.

[Removed]
This discussion has been closed.